SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Oversized Bolt Catch for a 9MM AR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oversized Bolt Catch for a 9MM AR Login/Join 
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted
I can't seem to find one...anyone here know of one?

TIA

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I've been using the Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch, but it's hard to find right now due to popularity:

https://geissele.com/lower-par...time-bolt-catch.html

Strike Industries has a couple of "extended/enhanced" ones...be aware that they might not be USA made:

https://www.joeboboutfitters.c...SI-A-p/si-ar-xbc.htm

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what you mean by oversized.
Do you mean something that is beefed up more than the normal 9mm AR bolt catch, to take the pounding the a 9mm blowback firearm can deliver?
Or do you mean the standard 9mm bolt catch that is used with most Colt style lowers. The one that has an extended tine so it can be activated by the smaller magazine.

If you mean the latter, many places stock them:
CMMG

Colt

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:
I'm not sure what you mean by oversized.
Do you mean something that is beefed up more than the normal 9mm AR bolt catch, to take the pounding the a 9mm blowback firearm can deliver?
Or do you mean the standard 9mm bolt catch that is used with most Colt style lowers. The one that has an extended tine so it can be activated by the smaller magazine.

If you mean the latter, many places stock them:
CMMG

Colt

Sorry...I mean one with an oversized face, like the Wilson Combat https://shopwilsoncombat.com/E.../productinfo/TR-EBR/ but made for a 9MM AR...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen an oversized catch for the 9mm, and I have looked - wouldn't mind having one for mine.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RB211:
Haven't seen an oversized catch for the 9mm, and I have looked - wouldn't mind having one for mine.

I guess we represent a rather limited market... Confused

Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
Kinda surprising to me, given the popularity of PCC's these days, though Colt mag lowers seem to be the minority of new builds.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I would be curious if any outfit offered a beefed up bolt catch for PC ARs.

That Wilson Combat catch looks to have the most promise over the standard parts, but if there's one made out of stainless steel, tungsten, depleted uranium, etc, I would be very interested.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
That Wilson Combat catch looks to have the most promise over the standard parts, but if there's one made out of stainless steel, tungsten, depleted uranium, etc, I would be very interested.

Considering how much aluminum there is in an AR, I don't see issues with Wilson's "CNC machined out of bar stock steel" part.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post