SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    How do you carry extra shotgun shells?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you carry extra shotgun shells? Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I would suggest taking a look at the KelTec KSG.
Holds 14 rounds.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have one shotgun with a side-saddle for extra shells along with a sling that holds extra rounds.

I have another shotgun in a carrier sling I can carry on me. That carry sling has a shotgun shell ammo pouch attached. Here are iPad pictures of the shotgun carrier with the pouch. The pouch holds 25 shells. The pictures are not the best as I just took them with my iPad in the closet.

Ugh. I need to find a new photo hosting option as all the ones I have used have discontinued.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StorminNormin,

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Though designed for competition, the Calfornia speed stripper belt carrier would work fine for everyday carry, and fast reloading. Click the image for link to the product at Brownells.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
My 870 has a SpeedFeed stock that holds 4 spare rounds and a 6 round mag tube, so 11 rounds. I'm thinking about adding a sidesaddle as well. All 00 buckshot. Not as maneuverable as a handgun, but with the nervous tremor I have I can't rely on being able to hit anything with a handgun. I picked up a 20ga Shockwave on sale a while back but haven't had a chance to really practice with it so I don't know if it would be suitable for HD or not. A sidesaddle would probably be the solution for extra ammo for that gun too (assuming they even make a 20ga sidesaddle).

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 6 shell side saddle. I also have a sleeve on the stock that holds 5, although most times it is not on the shotgun.

I have two 25 round slings hanging in the closet, for just in case, that I can grab quickly.

But, here is a video that you might like. It is from nutnfancy guy on youtube about shotgun shell carriers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnLbe5q3-Lo

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
This is my closet HD shotgun. It holds 8 rounds. I can't imagine I'll need more than that but just in case.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post