SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt LE6920 SOCOM
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt LE6920 SOCOM Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted
Gotta love the simple beauty and fantastic build quality of a Colt rifle.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG228,

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Great choice! It’s a keeper for sure.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Colts are solid performers. I keep a 6920 with me at all times possible. The stock trigger could be better. I recommend- at the least - an ALG QMS trigger, but even better, for just a bit more, would be an ALG ACT. Because f the run on everything AR right now, they're out of stock, but when you get the cahnce, you should jump on one of these. The ACT is the sweetest milspec trigger you'll ever feel.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I'll probably replace the grip and trigger, add a sling and light, and call it good.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
SIG228, I have that same rifle, bought new back when they were first released. Knight's rail, M4A1 roll mark, heavy barrel, GI rear sight.

A large step forward in the M4 issue clone genre.

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Great rifle. They shoot like a dream.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2334 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I am a huge fan of the basic Colt. My 6720 is my "go to" carbine even though I have a good sampling of AR's with "better" pedigrees. My only upgrade is an ALG ACT trigger and an RCO. I can depend on it to get the job done. Congrats!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
What are those rear sights?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
^^^
They appear to be the OEM Matech sights that come standard with the gov't. issued carbines.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Ma Tech. Good sight, but the spring is prone to break.

Last rifle my uncle gave me.

My personal Colt. I prefer the KAC rear.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The Colts are solid performers. I keep a 6920 with me at all times possible. The stock trigger could be better. I recommend- at the least - an ALG QMS trigger, but even better, for just a bit more, would be an ALG ACT. Because f the run on everything AR right now, they're out of stock, but when you get the cahnce, you should jump on one of these. The ACT is the sweetest milspec trigger you'll ever feel.

I agree. BCM PNT is a suitable stand-in, but no more easily located right now.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
^^^
They appear to be the OEM Matech sights that come standard with the gov't. issued carbines.

Yep. Picatinny marked Matech that came with this version of rifle from the factory.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Looks like a Ma Tech. Good sight, but the spring is prone to break.

Last rifle my uncle gave me.

My personal Colt. I prefer the KAC rear.

Hard to tell from your pic, but it appears that your issued M4 has the KAK rear sight on it, instead of the standard Matech. Was it commonly issued that way, or was this a user modification that was allowed?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hard to tell from your pic, but it appears that your issued M4 has the KAK rear sight on it, instead of the standard Matech. Was it commonly issued that way, or was this a user modification that was allowed?

The KAC was standard issue for the USMC (that was '12). They don't issue BUIS anymore because they don't even teach it in boot camp. All RCO now. Sad times.

Not sure when they officially made the change; from '11 on I mostly saw KAC. Maybe a few straggler Ma Techs here and there depending on unit. The 2017 SL-3 still lists both but does say the Ma Tech is obsolete (order the KAC if the Ma Tech is unserviceable).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbinky,

posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

The KAC was standard issue for the USMC (that was '12). They don't issue BUIS anymore because they don't even teach it in boot camp. All RCO now. Sad times. [/QUOTE]
They’re not teaching the use of iron sights anymore?

Posts: 92 | Location: NM | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
ive got 8 Colts, including a SOCOM...for the money, you cant beat Colt. and I mean real Colts, not that 'expanse' crap

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
My 6940 leads my stable for Colt Ar's.
Well worth it to keep a Colt on top.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
They’re not teaching the use of iron sights anymore?

A few years ago I asked a buddy who was back down at PI on his second tour if they still shot irons. He said "nope, RCO only now".

ETA: Found an unused record book in the garage. Got to be at least 7 years old. I googled the NAVMC and of course a PDF version popped up lol. BUIS is in there. I'll ask if they have a new one.

Second ETA: Seems there is indeed a newer version. The one I have and linked to is Rev. 02-12 and the newest is 03-17. I'll see if I can find one but I bet the BUIS stuff is removed.

**LINK** Annual Rifle Training DataBook NAVMC 11660 Rev. 02-12

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mbinky,

posted Hide Post
Stock 6933 here KISS.Also stock Colt MK18 upper on M-16 lower.

Posts: 94 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post