SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MCX adapter for AR15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MCX adapter for AR15 Login/Join 
posted
I just picked up a MCX hybrid lower, which I believe is a m400 standard lower with the MCX adapter. I’m trying to get the adapter off to put it on a registered lower so I can throw my rattler upper on there.

I’m able to get the outer half of the adapter off, but the part that actually threads into the lower won’t budge

Does anyone have any experience with removing one of these adapters?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Posts: 139 | Registered: February 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flgorilla18:
I just picked up a MCX hybrid lower, which I believe is a m400 standard lower with the MCX adapter. I’m trying to get the adapter off to put it on a registered lower so I can throw my rattler upper on there.

I’m able to get the outer half of the adapter off, but the part that actually threads into the lower won’t budge

Does anyone have any experience with removing one of these adapters?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

They probably used Loctite of some kind, since the adapter threads into the buffer tube threads. Try heating it up a bit and then give it another try.

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RainMan_PNW
posted Hide Post
It's also possible they used Rockset, which withstands hear. To loosen Rockset you need to soak in warm water for a few hours and then give it a twist.
Good luck!

Posts: 49 | Location: Clark County, WA | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a RRA upper I bought years ago and wanted to switch out the tubular hand guard to a YHM quad rail. I could not get that thing off for the life of me. I am not sure what they used at the factory to put it on but I wound up taking it to a local smith who was able to get it off. I spoke to him afterwards and he said don't ever bring back another one of those things again. I had to laugh but I knew what he went through as I tried many things to get it off myself to no avail. Heat seems to work but I am always a little leery about doing it myself.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post