SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG 551A1 optic with weaver mount
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 551A1 optic with weaver mount Login/Join 
posted
Anyone know of a good weaver mount for aimpoint?

Posts: 361 | Location: Keystone State | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure it has a picatinny rail so not sure your query about a weaver mount, but maybe I'm missing something subtle about your question. And it makes a little bit of difference which aimpoint and what height you want. But my general go to on aimpoint mounts is Bobro. With Larue a close second. And MI third.
FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the ADM mounts myself.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The diopter sights I have use an 11mm rail so that’s why I’m looking for a weaver mount.

Posts: 361 | Location: Keystone State | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure what you are trying to do. The 551A1 comes with a picatinny rail attached to the top of the receiver. There are literally dozens of Aimpoint picatinny mounts available, plus most Aimpoints come with a mount. Are you trying to use a weaver mount instead of a picatinny mount, or you trying to replace the rail? There are very few options for replacing that top rail because the screw spacing is unique.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am not fully sure I understand what you want to do. But an 11mm dovetail is a common item on euro guns and aimpoint offers a mount for it. I use it on my Hammerli and CZ. For sure fits the micro ones as that's the one I use, but there may be a model for others.
I got mine here, but they are everywhere.
https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...dovetail-mount-matte

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post