SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Remington brings us the V3 Tac-13 semi-auto 12G thingie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington brings us the V3 Tac-13 semi-auto 12G thingie Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted

13" barrel, 5 shot, vent ribbed, hand-strapped, eats all loads, because V3.

https://www.remington.com/other-products/v3-tac-13 <--- uber-tacticool video at website

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I am intrigued. I have been thinking about paying the tax and turning my Mossberg Shockwave into a SBS. This might be a better candidate.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I’m not into tactical shotguns at all but my V3 Sporter is the cat’s meow!

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Why did it have to be a Remington. Is this VersaMax based or 1100?

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I just showed my son. He asked why you would need a red dot. LOL

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's just me, however I look at these like a pistol with a bayonet. Sure you can use it, but why?

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Other than being small, shooting it the way he is doesn't do more than a regular shotgun.

I tuck my shockwave in against my my side/chest. Hit just fine, takes the recoil better, better control.

I'd much rather have that semi over the pump... but I would rather not pay for it.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That thing with a pistol grip and Sig Brace would be an interesting, untaxed weapon.

Wonder if the ATF would go for that.

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In its factory configuration, is that considered a "pistol", so no stamp?

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
It's not considered a pistol or a shotgun, legally it's considered a firearm. No stamp needed.

Remington sells the short 870 with a brace (I own a brand new one) so perhaps they will sell this semi auto with a brace.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
Why did it have to be a Remington. Is this VersaMax based or 1100?

"Patented Versaport gas system"

Rem link

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Will the sb tac brace for the 870 work on this? Or will it require a proprietary system?

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone remember Lone Wolf McQuade?
Now THAT is the short shotty I want.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I think I really want...I mean... NEED this, not sure why but I am drawn to it.

I have a 20ga Shockwave but I NEEEEED this

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Yes the one handed factor is a huge plus. You know, for shooting out of car windows Road Warrior style, or on a motorcycle. Cool
"He was especially hard on the little things."

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yikes! MSRP $915.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
*Sigh*
Another inanimate object I pretty much have to have before I die.

And no additional paperwork required? Schhhwing!

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Eek

Posts: 440 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's a current production Remington, which means it won't work all that well, or it's poorly assembled/finished/whatever. If you buy one, the barrel rib will be canted a degree or two or it will have a 26 pound trigger pull or any number of things that can happen when people who don't give a shit try assembling firearms.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's a current production Remington, which means it won't work all that well, or it's poorly assembled/finished/whatever. If you buy one, the barrel rib will be canted a degree or two or it will have a 26 pound trigger pull or any number of things that can happen when people who don't give a shit try assembling firearms.

Yep. I won't personally buy anything new from Remington including their crap ammunition.
Have a Remington 1100 shotgun and 700 BDL rifle from the early 80's. New stuff is piss poor.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post