SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Franchi Affinity add-ons
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Franchi Affinity add-ons Login/Join 
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted
I just picked up a Franchi Affinity for a really great price used. It sat in the shop for almost a year, and I tried to sell it on many occasions, but I guess people either thought it was too cheap to compete with a Beretta or Benelli, or too high to compete with the multitudes of other more tactical semi-auto shotguns on the wall. So after giving fair time on the market for the boss to make a profit, I said the hell with it and took it home at employee price.

And it is fantastic. What a nice shotgun. I tried everything from 000 buckshot to 3" goose loads to my favorite Nitro 27 handicaps, and even some of the dirt cheap Walmart Winchester 100 pack shells. And it ate everything and fed everything, and kept asking for more. Remarkable gun. Never missed a clay bird, and kept a decent pattern on paper with the buckshot. I am super pleased with my buy, but I'm having a hard time finding much on the aftermarket for it.

I'd like to find a choke set, (it may have come with all of them, but as I bought it used, it only has one). I'd also like to find a modified charging handle (the factory one is a little small and sharp) and an extended magazine (five at a time limits the fun - but nothing crazy, a plus 2 or plus 3 would be fine).

Does anybody have enough experience with these to know if the accessories for the Benelli or the Beretta guns will fit?

If anyone knows what converts and what does not, or if you have any hot tips on where to find goodies for it, I'd like to look at them.

Thanks.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I went with Nordic Componentsfor my extension. IIRC they might have the other pieces you're looking for as well.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I looked over that shotgun a while back, seems an excellent choice to me. I ended up with a Benelli M2, no offense. It came down to a few split hairs.

Anyway, I like the ‘Trulock’ line of chokes, made in GA. They should have an extended or flush, whatever desired to fit your gun. I usually get ‘Precision Hunter’ extended for my use.

https://moaprecisionllc.com/pr...nchi-affinity-parts/

The above are some aftermarket charging handles, eBay has something too.

Yeah, shotguns, especially for hunting, get little attention in a time if ‘tacti-cool’. The good thing is, ammo will be readily available.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I have an Affinity in 20ga with black synthetic furniture. Love the gun, it’s nice and light. I have a couple of Trulock extended chokes for it, but other than that, I just shoot it stock. They are made by Benelli.

There are not a lot of add-ones for the Affinity, but the link posted above should give you a good start.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Nordic has a tube and a nut that will work with your Franchi.

https://nordiccomp.com/product.../mxt-extension-nuts/

https://nordiccomp.com/categor...plete-assembly-12ga/

And the bolt handle.

https://nordiccomp.com/categor...lt-operating-handle/

I have been using them on my Benelli for quite a few years and they are very durable and well made and work well.

If you poke around on their site a bit you can make sure you select the correct nut for the thread pitch on the Affinity.

https://nordiccomp.com/configure-mxt-extension-kit/

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
I have a 28” 12ga in the Max 4 finish. Love the gun.

Thanks for the MOA Precision link. Will probably add extended charge handle and release button.

Posts: 1305 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, for all the info and especially the links! I'd never heard of MOA Precision, but they've got some nice stuff.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Franchi Semi's use the Beretta/Benelli Mobil choke. These are very common and you'll find them at most outdoors retailer and any gun shop that specializes in Sporting Shotguns.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Briley Mfg has everything on your list

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post