SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    How much rifle can you get for $6000?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much rifle can you get for $6000? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by JG:
That's crazy. I paid a couple grand less than that for my Remington 2020 with TrackingPoint optic.

Tracking point? Isn't that that gimmick optic system bullshit that's tied into the trigger and the shot doesn't go off until you're properly on target? Someone actually bought one of those? Lmao!!

quote:
Originally posted by JG:
I haven't missed with it yet. So laugh all you want.

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
What targets and distances do you shoot at?

Fellas, could you break that off into another thread?

As far as $6000 for a "back country" rifle, it does have some nice components, but I don't see $6000. The Ruger American in 30.06 that I cut to 16" is just as handy and likely to be shot at the distances of any "back country" rifle, and it was $400. Or, you could buy a Steyr Scout and have and excellent rifle that also is lightweight and accurate, for still a fraction of that $6k. $6k would also make one hell of an AR or M14, and actually, even if I were still just building a custom 700, I bet I could get more for less, or more for the same price.

But, see, it's branded. Everyone will want kuikkoo or whatever.

Yup, Fanboy stuff.
Ranks right up there with folks paying $2k for a fancy Glock.
To each their own.

Kifaru had a rifle a few years back that was equally expensive.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Mucho Snipps

$6k would also make one hell of an AR or M14, and actually, even if I were still just building a custom 700, I bet I could get more for less, or more for the same price.

It'll get you a 9inch AAC Upper in 300Blk, on a Noveske Lower, SBRed on a Trust, with a 7.62 QD Silencer, a 1-4x Leuopold Optic and DBAL-A3...

All you are missing is the PVS14...

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who hunts a lot and he swears by Christensen Arms. https://christensenarms.com/bolt-rifles/

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
I have a friend who hunts a lot and he swears by Christensen Arms. https://christensenarms.com/bolt-rifles/

I have a Christensen ridgeline and I've been pretty happy with it, for the money it's a good gun but still sort of expensive. Their new model, the "Mesa" is about 1300'dollars andnits more or less the same as the ridgeline but without the carbon wrap barrel. Kimber is still pretty much winning the game with off the shelf ultra lite rifles.

If I was going to spend 6k on a rifle, I'd probably call up Melvin Forbes at NULA and get one of his guns, send the 3500 dollar check to him and get an awesome scope with part of that remaining 2500 dollars, heck, spend 1k on the scope and still have 1500 dollars to put towards an awesome hunt.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And check out Barrett too, they have their new hunting rifle out, the "fieldcraft" and reports are looking pretty damn good so far.

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
And check out Barrett too, they have their new hunting rifle out, the "fieldcraft" and reports are looking pretty damn good so far.

I think that's the one the son designed, no?

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Ranks right up there with folks paying $2k for a fancy Glock.

Chump change, no ?! Check this out __> http://www.gunbroker.com/item/643747422

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:

I think that's the one the son designed, no?

I really don't know but it seems to be giving kimber a run for the money in the lightweight hunting crowd. I may grab one eventually.

posted Hide Post
It says starting price $5895. I wonder what options are left. Gold leaf stock?

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post