SIGforum
Trijicon announcing new Variables today.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/7650012564

January 08, 2020, 08:23 AM
smithnsig
Trijicon announcing new Variables today.
AccupowerII? Maybe daylight bright reticle.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
January 08, 2020, 08:26 AM
RHINOWSO
I think so.

They are blowing out the 1-4x Accupowers all over for <$500.

Great scopes but that illum left a lot to be desired IMO.
January 08, 2020, 11:19 AM
smithnsig
First release is non illuminated accupoints. Same glass and coatings, no illumination. Lower price point.
1-4 and a 3-12.

TCB all the time...
January 08, 2020, 11:29 AM
RHINOWSO
Looks like Midway put the whole lineup on their website.

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?pr...ampaign=trijicon-new

Looks like a lot of rebranded stuff, plus an Accupower Type FFP 1-6x. But if the Illum sucks as bad as the Accupower, it'll be meh at best.
January 08, 2020, 11:35 AM
Il Cattivo
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
1-4x Accupowers all over for <$500...Great scopes but that illum left a lot to be desired IMO.

Their reticle designs tend to suck, too, IMHO.
January 08, 2020, 11:38 AM
RHINOWSO
Yeah but the glass was nice and they were pretty durable - but the reticle was too fine and at times hard to pickup with the lackluster illum.

I really prefer the Vortex PST Gen2 1-6x24 over the Accupower 1-4x24 and sold mine to fund it.
January 08, 2020, 11:50 AM
smithnsig
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Looks like Midway put the whole lineup on their website.

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?pr...ampaign=trijicon-new

Looks like a lot of rebranded stuff, plus an Accupower Type FFP 1-6x. But if the Illum sucks as bad as the Accupower, it'll be meh at best.

yeah. daylight bright is a must on LPVOs now.

TCB all the time...
January 08, 2020, 04:53 PM
DrewR
Dang, those new Credo 1-6x and 1-8x scopes are pricey. I had been all in on a 1-8x Credo until I saw the $1,500 retail price on MidwayUSA and realized the segmented circle reticle hadn’t changed any. Here I was thinking Trijicon would finally offer a horseshoe reticle 1-8x for less then $700 retail but looks like I will be taking another look at the new Primary Arms 1-8x FFP Raptor.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.
January 08, 2020, 05:26 PM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
Dang, those new Credo 1-6x and 1-8x scopes are pricey. I had been all in on a 1-8x Credo until I saw the $1,500 retail price on MidwayUSA and realized the segmented circle reticle hadn’t changed any. Here I was thinking Trijicon would finally offer a horseshoe reticle 1-8x for less then $700 retail but looks like I will be taking another look at the new Primary Arms 1-8x FFP Raptor.

I think Trijicon is going to continue to get hammered by NightForce, Vortex, and Kahles at price points above & below what they want for these new optics. Add in the heat from PA and some of the other lower end providers.