SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Okay Industries Surefeed E2 Magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Okay Industries Surefeed E2 Magazines Login/Join 
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted
I just purchased twenty of these to replace the old MAGPULS I’ve been using. Now I have a mix of these and Lancers. Any known issues. Seem to be quality built.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience with the new E2 magazines but for a short time in 2014, I carried brand new Okay Industry Magazines while I was tromping around Southern Afghanistan.

I never had a problem with them, and the only reason I switched was due to getting a batch of brand new HK and Brownells magazines.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay as a producer is the gold std. on al GI mags. The surefeed e2 ones are abit off the full GI mag std. but I have not had any problems with them. and I have a lot of them Smile

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have a dozen Surefeed magazines (both grey drylube and black Teflon) and I have never had an issue...they are GTG.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
"With dots for her pleasure."

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't like the changes to the magazine body and I don't like the new follower. I certainly don't like the teflon coating they use these days. I have some vintage, Colt-marked Okays from the 1990s that have a much thinner teflon finish. Okay magazines have been perfectly fine for decades fine without texturing. I think it's gimmicky and unnecessary. I'm a big fan of the Magpul follower. I like the dry-film Okay30 rounders with the Magpul follower and without the needless "enhancements".

Here's detail on a teflon coated, Colt-marked Okay 30 rounder from 1994. I have a half dozen of these. Beautful magazines.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Other than buying up a bunch of P-Mags from people that overdid it during the panics, I run Okays. Old ones like Para describes but mine aren't Colt marked (only about 14 Colt 20 rounders stacked up here). They've (Okay 30 rounders) been the most durable and consistent over the years.

I've worn out/broken ONE in 30 years.

I just checked. I have 24 Okay 30's, (10 in boxes, 14 stacked in the safe). All new. None have ever been loaded. SHTF.

I've used Adventure Line, Center Industries, Sanchez, Parsons, Labelle...they have all been beyond decent. I even have a few 20 round "Master Molder" Thermold Zytel magazines I've used as range mags for over 20 years. Can't get them to fail. Ever. I'd pick up more and probably will.

P-mags are doing my grunt work these days. Picked up a gross of 20 round Lancers from a guy needing cash. All new. They seem to do pretty good. Just got 10-30 round Hexmags to test out. Picked up 2 gray and 2 black Okay 20 rounders to test out to use as range mags.

Bought a gross of C-Products mags during a panic. I wasn't impressed. They were noisy, even though they functioned. It took me forever to sell them off. The only reason I was saved was they jumped from the $6 I paid to $15! Selling them at $10 was easy since P-mags all but evaporated. C-Products may be better now, but I'll stay clear of them.

Wish I'd have picked up a bunch of the OD P-mags before they discontinued them...the FDE's just aren't as sexy.

I'm sure anything made by Okay is fine.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few older Okay mags and they are great. I wish I bought more of them. Glad to see they are making new ones.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It's my understanding from SME talk on other forums that the Okay E2 magazine was designed to help improve feeding M855A1 EPR for the USMC and they made some other changes as well (texture, etc) to 'update' the design. Apparently the design of that round make it not feed as well out of standard magazines.

The USMC chose the PMAG M3 instead, so Okay likely released them to get some of their R&D money back.

Like others I prefer the original and have some stacks of NHMTG and Okay with the dry lube finish.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
It's my understanding from SME talk on other forums that the Okay E2 magazine was designed to help improve feeding M855A1 EPR for the USMC and they made some other changes as well (texture, etc) to 'update' the design. Apparently the design of that round make it not feed as well out of standard magazines.

The USMC chose the PMAG M3 instead, so Okay likely released them to get some of their R&D money back.

Like others I prefer the original and have some stacks of NHMTG and Okay with the dry lube finish.

It's the EPM (enhanced performance magazine) you're thinking of. Brown finish, blue follower.
https://charliescustomclones.c...n-aluminum-magazine/

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post