SIGforum
Thoughts on Smith & Wesson® M&P® 15-22 Sport .22 LR Semiautomatic Rifles

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/7630000454

March 02, 2019, 07:29 AM
joatmonv
Thoughts on Smith & Wesson® M&P® 15-22 Sport .22 LR Semiautomatic Rifles
My favorite of all my 22 rifles and I have quite a few.
Red dot on top and it's pretty damn accurate. You'll enjoy it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
March 02, 2019, 06:25 PM
Sauer Kraut
Get one. Bought mine a few years ago, added a Vortex Sparc AR red dot. It’s just flat out fun! The controls mimic those of a “real” AR so it can be a great training aid in teaching the basics of AR handling.
I have several ARs and other guns but when I just need an afternoon of fun it’s the 15-22.
March 03, 2019, 05:51 AM
jsjac
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Great. Best of the Tactical .22s IMHO.

Yep.

^^^^^^^^
Yep x 2. I took mine to a multi-day Appleseed shoot. It was flawless and accurate.

When my family went to an Appleseed shoot our daughter shot the 15/22. She was ten at the Time and the stock collapsed short enough and the gun was much lighter than s 10/22
March 03, 2019, 09:32 AM
Edmond
Fun little rifle. I bought one in 2010 and had it until 2015 when I sold it to buy something else.

Wish I still had it, might get another one or just get a conversion kit.

You won't regret getting one.

March 09, 2019, 06:11 AM
egregore
One of these is on my want list. I might get it in the next month or two. I want a .22 AR that has identical controls to that of my full-sized one (Ruger). A co-worker has a Mossberg 715, but this only superficially resembles an AR. The "charging handle" is fake, for one, nothing more than two bumps on the rear of the receiver. I think the "safety" was a crossbolt. It is aimed at the "cheap 'plinker'" market anyway. Why Ruger doesn't make one I don't know.