SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    HK MR556A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK MR556A1 Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
Through no fault of my own.. it followed me home today.
So I decided to simply accept my fate and put some accessories on it.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice, I almost jumped on one several years ago when PSA or some other place had a crazy sale on them (probably trying to liquidate them at the time). I can’t justify one now but if the right deal came along I wouldn’t pass one up! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Sweet. Expensive buggers and currently near impossible to order out of HK according to our rep. A buddy has a very lightly used one that I've been offered...and I'm seriously considering it. Me and pistons...

I had been concerned about its relatively short barrel life but nowadays there are aftermarket solutions that don't require taking out a second mortgage.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Nice... you should look into remounting your scope though.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:

How would you suggest remounting the scope?
Granted it is a bit high, but the BUIS fits under it nicely ... and if you get the scope too far forward it throws off the eye relief.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:

Why? It’s his gun. Should be able to mount the scope as he likes.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I don't think the issue is where the scope is, the issue is that one ring is on the upper and one is on the rail. That isn't necessarily a huge problem if the rail is solid and well aligned, but it isn't ideal.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
The scope is temporary for now.
It's something I had on hand without a real permanent home.
I took it to the range today to try it out... and while I was there I ran into a guy who had an NX8 he let me fondle for a little bit.
I'll be getting one of those for this rifle in the near future. Smile

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
I don't think the issue is where the scope is, the issue is that one ring is on the upper and one is on the rail. That isn't necessarily a huge problem if the rail is solid and well aligned, but it isn't ideal.

Bingo... you should never bridge a scope

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:

Ah, didn’t see that. It is a problem because you’ve got to be able to remove the handguard to clean the piston. Just need a cantilever scope mount, I think.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Creslin,

I found a deal at my LGS last summer and brought it home. I recently bought the HKey rail that you show for mine (came factory with picatinny).
I took it out earlier this month and was pinging the 200 yard gong with my 4 power NSN ACOG. Very accurate and reliable and heavy er... stable AR's.

I predict a lot of time spent on HKParts.net in your future. Lots of goodies there. Good thing you have two kidneys.

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
HKParts.net

They're quite proud of their stuff.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
HKParts.net

<SNIP>

Quality isn't usually cheap ...

You might look on Amazon, I've found some Leupold 1-piece mounts at pretty good prices.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
HKParts.net

<SNIP>

Quality isn't usually cheap ...

True, and they have a large selection. However, for things that are also available elsewhere, their prices are usually higher.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
optic is changed now.
I put my elcan 1/4 on it
so we’ll see how that goes Smile