SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Thinking Cross in 6.5 Creedmore
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking Cross in 6.5 Creedmore Login/Join 
Picture of Poppy6x
posted
Looking for some opinions of the Sig Cross in 6.5
Creedmore. I’m looking to add a modern sporting rifle for hogs and deer size game. I’ve got several AR’s in 5.56/223 but want something with a little more punch. In addition to general thoughts/experience with this new rifle I would like some thoughts on a good optic to round out the package. Thanks

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Generally "Modern Sporting Rifle" means "AR".
This is something that the Cross is not.
The Sig Cross is a bolt action rifle.

That being said, I have one (.308) and so far it seems to be solid.
I have not put a large pile of rounds through it due to ammo availability right now however.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The caliber name is spelled "Creedmoor".

There are quite a few AR10 factory options for a semi-auto. Some have 6.5 Creedmoor as a standard option, some only offer 308. Assembling your own AR10 is a reasonable choice, and I have two AR10 uppers that were built from components.

As noted, the Sig Cross is a bolt action rifle, not a modern sporting rifle.

What's your budget for an optic? Preferred magnification? Preferred reticle? FFP or SFP?

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
Got it. Bolt action and Creedmoor.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post