SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What is acceptable accuracy for bulk 5.56 ammo?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is acceptable accuracy for bulk 5.56 ammo? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Not only common but acceptable and even good. As per FM3-22.9 5.1 the minimum standard for zeroing is six rounds into a 4cm circle at 25 meters. That works out to slightly greater than 6 MOA at 100 yards.

I am glad someone actually quoted the military standard for ball ammo performance.

The AR-15 has gotten a reputation as a rifle that is more accurate that most autoloaders (2-3MOA), and we have become spoiled by that.

The fact is the military spec. will allow a combination of ammo and rifle to be MUCH greater than the average shooter sees.

When guys have a rifle built using pseudo-military spec. parts and feed it bulk ammo, and get 4 or 5 MOA, they tend to assume the rifle is junk, but in reality, it's meeting the military expectations.

Posts: 17 | Registered: December 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I hope to get some good testing done on this weekend with the 62gr Winchester.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Here is a chart I use when researching ARs.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post