SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    My newest AR is ready.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My newest AR is ready. Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
This was just finished. I am looking forward to getting this one to the range.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Looking sharp!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1952 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
That's a nice rig!

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a beaut!

How do you like the G rail?

I keep going back and forth between the MK 8 and the ALG EMR V2 for my pistol build. It seems like the MK 8 would be much thicker in the hand.

When life gives you lemons, put them in the freezer for a few hours, and throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.

Posts: 95 | Location: Waterloo, IA | Registered: February 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
what is that lever looking thing above the trigger?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmlasley:
That is a beaut!

How do you like the G rail?

I keep going back and forth between the MK 8 and the ALG EMR V2 for my pistol build. It seems like the MK 8 would be much thicker in the hand.

The G Rail is rock solid that thing will never move. They are pricey but with the gas block included that helps.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
what is that lever looking thing above the trigger?

anti rotation pins.

Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking build. You have very good taste in components. Congrats and good luck with your new stick.

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
It seems like the MK 8 would be much thicker in the hand.

I don't have any experience with the ALG but my MK4 feels very compact and slim.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
That looks nice. I can't wait to get the Evo out to the range!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you have to modify the anti-rotation tabs on the SMR MK8 to fit the Vltor upper?

Posts: 242 | Location: IL | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoadedDrum:
Did you have to modify the anti-rotation tabs on the SMR MK8 to fit the Vltor upper?

No modification was needed.