SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What to Do? Colt LE Carbine?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to Do? Colt LE Carbine? Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Deleted on request of the moderator.

Posts: 270 | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can find pricing information on Gunbroker.

What you are doing is placing a WTS ad outside of the area designated for such activity in this forum- Classifieds.

That's what this is. This is an ad

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Other than suggesting you follow Para's advice to find pricing information, I'll add one more: whatever the hell you do, don't take it to a gun shop.

Whatever the story, they're unlikely to offer you more than half the value of any firearm, in the hopes of turning a profit.

Good luck.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Sorry Parabellum,

I didn't intend to break the rules. I actually looked at the rules in the FS section and didn't see anything against this or anywhere on the site for that matter?

If I missed something I apologize. I'll delete the post.

I'll be very candid, however, my blood is boiling right now... I honestly don't even know how to respond.

Would it have been too much to start your response with "I'm sorry you lost your friend?, this type of post is against the rules, please delete?"

Respectfully,

Dustin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You gotta be kidding me. I don't know you at all, but you mention that you lost a friend and I am supposed to automatically offer condolences, when my intent was to stop a WTS ad from being placed outside of Classifieds.

I did try to be courteous, because I explained the issue, other than simply deleting this thread, but hey, all bets are off, because you mentioned that you've lost a friend and everything just has to stop because you mentioned it.

Question for you- how old are you?

Banned
posted Hide Post
Parabellum,

I'm old enough to know not to get into internet fights with keyboard warriors.

I've deleted the post and I apologized.

Respectfully

Dustin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Get the fuck out of my forum. You come here trying to sell stuff, and when I tell you what you've done wrong, you have the audacity to insult me, so you can just take it elsewhere.

Great job. See ya.

Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Well, that was a clusterf**k. Respectfully, and all. Roll Eyes

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't know what's happened to people in the past few years. Apparently, having a friend who has died is now a magical talisman which shields a person from all bad things and makes even strangers who don't acknowledge this victimhood into bad people. How DARE you not mention my recent loss. How DARE you!

Nope, sorry. I know that that crap works on a lot of people these days- far, far too many in my estimation. But, I am not one of them.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Some people need to learn the hard way. Wow.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para; I'm an old guy who has lost lots of friends in war and peace (and LE), and have never expected anything but the occasional mention from a good friend or family member.

The Islamic terrorist express: Go directly to Allah, do not pass hell.

Posts: 1386 | Location: Xanadu | Registered: May 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been here since 2008, couple of hundred posts. I wonder if they were the actual original member.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post