SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What do we like for QD cantilever mounts, 30mm?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do we like for QD cantilever mounts, 30mm? Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted
Howdy all, I'm looking for a one-piece throw lever QD Mount for a Trijicon Accupoint 1-6 (Model #: TR-25-C-200089). It's got a 30mm tube and will be going on my Noveske AR-15.

The first option I thought of was LaRue but I'm open to suggestions here. Looking for:
-One piece construction (no separate rings please)
-Going to have to be cantilevered since I don't have a monolithic top rail
-I want it to line rear of the optic up with the charging handle more or less
-Must be AS LIGHT AS POSSIBLE. I'm putting enough weight on this damn thing with the scope.

What says the forum?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
For throw levers larue, adm, or bobro are all good choices.

If trying to save some weight then you may want to look at aero's lightweight mount or geissele.

I tend to go larue or adm since I also prefer throw levers for some reason. But geisseles new mounts are very nice and mount up like a tank.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Big fan of the Aero lightweight mounts, have one on a DD AR and have no complaints.

Apologize, didn't see the QD piece in there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigM4,

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have always had good luck with adm, both product and customer service.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for ADM

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Email from Larue two days ago. They were on sale.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
ADM and Larue are what I have used in the past, both have been rock solid.

Still have the ADM just because I sold the Larue and the scope that was in it as a package deal.

Posts: 14121 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Bobro may be the best made and easiest to use.
ADM has the most models for fit many circumstances and easily the best value dollar for dollar.
Larue is fine albeit it can be a problem adjusting at times and not priced as well as ADM.

I have all three and would prefer a Bobro but most all are ADM.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I received, yesterday, a Holosun HS503GU RDS and an ADM AD-T1-10 Aimpoint T1 Micro Mount 1 Piece Co-Witness.

The pair works like a champ.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have LaRue, GG&G, and Nightforce QD mounts for ARs. All work flawlessly.

I think the GG&G is a little higher quality than the LaRue. The Nightforce isn't a true QD, but it mounts and unmounts very quickly.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ADM, Bobro, and Larue are all excellent. GDI mounts are wonderful if you can find one on sale somewhere.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
LaRue.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eternal24k
posted Hide Post
Bobro for me, I have had ADM, LaRue, GDI, but the Bobro is by far my favorite.

Aero is light and great for the money, but for QD Bobro all the way

Posts: 2000 | Location: Passing all 4s on 2 | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
LaRue LT-104. With a bottle of Dillo Dust, hard to beat.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I like my ADM much better than my JP Enterprises.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After lots of trial and error, I've settled on Bobro with no further regrets.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post