SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ring Height question on AR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ring Height question on AR Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
I've got a Aero Precision 30mm extended mount for my AR. About to pull the trigger on glass.

The objective on the glass is 50mm. It's straight Pic Rail all the way down from Upper Receiver to MBUS front sight on the other end. Will this mount work or will I need a higher mount?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I always buy the tallest I can find for sale when mounting a scope with a large bell. Seems to work out every time. Even on scopes that have smaller bells, it seems I need the added height on an AR or the scope is too low to get behind without straining to get my eye low enough to be in the center of the rear lens. The fixed stock on an AR is higher than a lot of rifles, which traditionally have more drop.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Just in case someone runs across this thread. 50mm objective fits fine on standard height rings.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
I use a usually use a 1.5"rail to optics center mount o all my scopes with a 50mm bell. Just to be sure scope and lens caps will clear barrel. you might get away with a 1.35" mount.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post