SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Geissele MCX and MPX triggers are worth it
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geissele MCX and MPX triggers are worth it Login/Join 
posted
So Geissele had an MCX trigger but no MPX trigger for a while, and finally came out the the MPX trigger, just in time for their black friday 30% off sale. I bought both and finally got them today (conditions of the discount are waiting up to 8 weeks).

I can definitely say, at this price (like $100 off on each) they are worth it. Both are 2-stage about 4.5 lbs total. The break is a little less crisp than Geissle AR 2-stage triggers, but much better than a standard MPX mil trigger and the match-duo trigger in the Rattler.

The Geissele MCX and MPX triggers are essentially the same, both with the sheet metal bridge that backstops the hammer on recoil. The only different I can see is the disconnector on the MCX is blued tool steel while on the MPX it is coated in a silver friction reducing plating.

Not sure if the replacement higher power recoil springs on the MPX trigger are really needed, but Geissele says they reduce bolt speed and help prevent hammer failure. I may experiment with them, but I want something that can shoot any ammo, including weak WWB 115 grain.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Hmm …. That’s what I get for ignoring Geissele’s nonstop emails advertising their discounts and that showed up every hour or so before Christmas. I didn’t know they offered a trigger for the MCX. Will have to consider it nevertheless.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
The MPX trigger seems very tempting but, for $350 I will probably wait for some discount like Black Friday.

Posts: 397 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They’ve had their MCX trigger out for a couple of years. Their MPX trigger is relatively new. I picked up one a few months ago, during one of their sales, which seem to happen about every major holiday. To be honest, I don’t think the new trigger is better than the two stage Timney AR-9 trigger that I had in my MPX before.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what timney you had in there. but the original one I had in my mpx (681 as originally recommended by Timney) didn't survive. I later got a 683 and hate it. I haven't seen my MPX geissle from the black friday sale, but I'm hoping its way better than than the Timney one. we shall see...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was a 682.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Is anyone running the Hiperfire trigger in their MPX, Taran Tactical is running them in their MPX they sell, the Eclipse and Competition models.

One of the guys at my LGS runs the Eclipse and really like it, and it's almost $100 less than the Geissele MPX trigger..

Hey if it works for Wick..... Big Grin

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am running Hiperfire triggers in my two MPX's. I have had them in a couple of years and they seem to be holding up just fine. I have a little under 2000 rounds through each of them.

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered 2 MCX and 1 MPX trigger on Black Friday. Still don't have them yet. If they are as good as my 9 other Geissele triggers, they will be worth the wait.

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Geissele

Geissele triggers of any kind are the GOAT. Just saying.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about a Timney trigger upgrade, could you please expand on why the 681 didn't survive and why you hate your 683?

Regards

quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm not sure what timney you had in there. but the original one I had in my mpx (681 as originally recommended by Timney) didn't survive. I later got a 683 and hate it. I haven't seen my MPX geissle from the black friday sale, but I'm hoping its way better than than the Timney one. we shall see...

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post