SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Winchester model 52 questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester model 52 questions Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
LGS has a Winchester model 52 on the rack, it has the earlier rear flip up sight and scope mounts on the barrel. It comes with a spare mag. It looks in fairly good nick, guy told me he could do $550 which sounds like a good price.

Anyone with experience with these? What should I look for as far as issues?

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are good rifles. I have 2 an early one with the slow lock ans a B model with a bull barrel. They both shoot outstandly. 550 is a good price.

Posts: 46 | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
good shape for 550 is a good price,

pre A? (serial number would help)

flip up lyman rear? look at the windage screws, one on each side, make sure they move and are not too bent,

some 52's would crack at the safety,
some folks make a deal of it, others seem to think it is no big deal,

either way, excellent rifles,

one of my 52's is a pre A, tapered barrel,
shoots much better than I can, irons or with a unertl,

I used to stomp a few 10/22 guys with it

mags with a W are replacement repops, if they have the Winchester logo they are the real deal
both work well,

front sight base milled on the barrel, or attached to a base (like the scope blocks)?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10419 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post