SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    ACOG Mount question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ACOG Mount question Login/Join 
Picture of PowerBook
posted
I have yet another question for the SigForum experts.

I am about to buy an ACOG for my AR.

Trijicon ACOG® 4x32 LED Riflescope - .223 / 5.56 BDC

What is the best mount for it?

Thanks!!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I use a GDI R-com.

https://www.gdiengineering.com...mbat-optic-mount-197

Fantastic, bomb-proof mount.

They're pricey at full retail. I got mine on clearance for $40 from a USMC contract overrun a couple years back. You can find them on sale for around $100 regularly.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
I have two GG&G and a Larue on my 3..all are QD

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a bobro and a larue. I happen to like the bobro lever setup better. But the larue is cheaper and perfectly fine.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10967 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
Where did all these choices come from???

Posts: 1776 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I am partial to Larue. Never had a single problem with any of my larue mounts.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I haven't had an ACOG long, and my AR doesn't see any hard use, but this mount from American Defense Manufacturing is working well so far. I've used ADM mounts for other optics and have always been satisfied with them. The reviews seem good on various sites.

https://www.primaryarms.com/am...-trijicon-acog-mount

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerBook:
Where did all these choices come from???

If, as some say, the Modern Sporting Rifle is the single most popular gun model in America, and it’s like Barbie dolls for men in the ways it’s possible to dress it up, expect that many suppliers will attempt to satisfy that need.

I suspect that any major manufacturer’s product would do the job. I have LaRue mounts for some of my sights and never think about them because there’s nothing to go wrong with them. I do like a quick detach mount for a sight that I might want to take off in a hurry.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I use LaRue QD mounts for all my optics, lights and bipods on my rifles.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for more height, or more rearward offset to clear a rear BUIS, the Kram spacer might be worth a look, too.

https://www.weaponoutfitters.c...m-optics-spacer.html

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The OEM mount works, but the the tightening knobs are a bit big.

I've got a Laure mount on mine (TA01N). It's lower profile the OEM mount and there are two different versions of the Larue so you can pick the one that gives you the best eye relief. The negatives of the Larue is the tendency of their mounts to mar the finish of the upper reciever. Some folks have indicated that Larue's don't return to zero when you dismaount and remount it. I haven't observed an issue, but I mount my optic and leave it on the weapon, checking to make sure its tight every once and a while.

I've also got mounts from bobro and GDI for aimpoints and a lpvo. Both are well made and don't mar the finish like the Larue does. But's I haven't wrung them out like I have the Larue.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Your best value and selection is from ADM.
They work great and prices are decent as well a plethora of models to choose from.
I personally think Bobro are "nicer" but there are less models available (IE: height+position configurations) and much more expensive.
Larue is a nice company but I do not care for their mounts that much although I have a couple.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I happen to like ADM on occasion, especially when they have something that others don't. So no problem on the surface. But to be clear on this, they are a clear cut below Bobro (by a big amount ) or Larue (by less but a substantial and obvious difference).

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10967 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the OEM mounts, CD228 is correct about the knob size.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I use a GDI R-com.

They're pricey at full retail. I got mine on clearance for $40 from a USMC contract overrun a couple years back. You can find them on sale for around $100 regularly.

I can second this. I have one, I got it on clearance. It has been trouble free.

It has also held zero in testing.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
What is the difference between the two models?

Where did yy find them discounted?

Thanks!

quote:
I use a GDI R-com.

Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
quote:

Where did you find them discounted?

Thanks!

quote:
I use a GDI R-com.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I use a Larue on my Colt. It's solid and I don't take it off much so the marring of the rail does not bother me. I use a TA31 so the eye relief is short but I shoot nose to charging handle so I'm used to it. Larue does make a mount that enables the ACOG to sit further back but I don't think you can use a back up sight with it. I like backup sights (Really I just like iron sights).

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

The B Model has a riser to allow for it to be mounted over top of folded BUIS. But it puts the optic noticeably higher than normal, and would make for an awkward cheek weld.

The E Model is what I use. It doesn't have the riser to clear BUIS, and puts the ACOG at normal mounting height for a standard cheek weld.

quote:
Where did yy find them discounted?

As stated, I got mine several years ago (2015?) when GDI had a contract with the USMC, and they blew out the contract overruns for like $40 or $50.

More recently, retailers like Fulton Armory and others have had them on sale for ~$100. But it looks like they're out of stock currently.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of GDI. I like that mount. They look pricy though. I have used the standard one that comes with the ACOG and the Larue only though. I guess I need to expand my horizons.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post