SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    sling for shotgun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sling for shotgun Login/Join 
posted
I've thinking about a sling for my 870 wingmaster. 20 inch barrel with mag extention. Really don't want one with all the shell loops. What do you recommend?

Posts: 207 | Location: Baconton,GA. | Registered: April 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If you’re just looking for a carrying strap, there are countless choices. The first question is whether you want something wide and possibly padded or something thin and cheap, and the type of sling attachments you have on the shotgun.

If you’re seeking a sling that allows you to mount the gun quickly and securely from a slung muzzle down position while carrying it hunting or otherwise, then one of the countless “tactical” offerings such as those made by Magpul would probably suit you

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JD DRIVER:
I've thinking about a sling for my 870 wingmaster. 20 inch barrel with mag extention. Really don't want one with all the shell loops. What do you recommend?

What do I recommend?

How about buying local:

https://www.blueforcegear.com/hunting-sling

Wink

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a basic two point, non adjustable, Magpul's new RLS (rifleman's loop sling) is a predictably well-made option.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I'll pick one of the Blue Force Gear slings up, love their plate carrier sling!

Totally forgot they made the hunting sling... thanks for reminding me.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Another vote for BFG, love my VCAS on my AR.
Will have to look into the hunting sling for my Tikka.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Also, consider a traditional Montana sling.

https://montanagunslings.com/

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Get a regular old 1917 sling. It's still the best thing out there.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
Get a regular old 1917 sling. It's still the best thing out there.

Ron Brown makes some good ones

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use ar slings on most of my long guns.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Specter Gear. The best slings I have seen.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Specter Gear. The best slings I have seen.

Yup. Another vote for them. Have 3 now, and one is on my Mossberg 590A1 shotgun. Customer service is great and the products are solid. Also, they have lots of sales and free shipping frequently. Just got another this week for 29.91 with shipping from one of the sales.

Posts: 796 | Location: NH | Registered: July 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find narrow slings like the 1917 mentioned above aren't that comfortable for me compared to wider slings. The best slings for me for actual hunting use are the simple cheap nylon sling with a padded shoulder area. Butler Creek, Allen, and others make affordable versions.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dog44:
I use ar slings on most of my long guns.

me too, or find an old M60 sling...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just recently discovered Specter Gear, they have a setup with the GG&G front attachment and a stock adapter.

https://www.spectergear.com/Pr....asp?ProductCode=538

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post