SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Shotgun optic: RMR vs Aimpoint Micro
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shotgun optic: RMR vs Aimpoint Micro Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Both of my optics are mounted on hunting shotguns so take it for what its worth. The RMR has probably 100+ 3in 12g shells under it. Here with a Sync mount, super low profile.

The Holosun about half that(20g)

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both on turkey guns. Aimpoint on a 12 ga super black eagle on a rail and RMR on a 20ga M2 on a Sync mount. I like both and both have stood up to many heavy turkey loads.

The RMR is small, light, unobtrusive.

I’m not engaged in urban warfare, busting down doors, or taking down bad guys. Just killing criminal birds in the woods. Still, a lot of crawling, banging, mud, dust, heavy loads and both have performed admirably.

I lean toward the RMR for its form factor.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I found a good deal on an Aimpoint Micro that works just fine on my 1301 Comp. I can retain a natural cheek weld and it's taken quite a bit of abuse. Much as I like the RDO, ideally I'd prefer a good, reliable green dot.

I've recently picked up a Trijicon RMR (green) and mounted it on my Beretta A400 turkey gun. If this damn virus hadn't been an issue, I'd have shot it by now and taken some birds too. Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just saying this because it happens to me. I've shot an ungodly number of rounds with a red dot. Going back to the very first aimpoints so decades now. But on a whim I got a green MRO. And every single time I shoulder the thing I go WTF and pause.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
This is my 870 with an Aimpoint. I found it extremely easy to aquire targets from point blank to 50 yards. The POA\POI was the same for slugs or buckshot as long as the velocity was consistant across loads.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
So I put a spare DeltaPointPro on my FN SLP Mk1 today.

All I can get is a chin weld. Do you all put a cheek piece or pad on your shotguns when mounting a red dot? I need some elevation to make this work...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
So I put a spare DeltaPointPro on my FN SLP Mk1 today.

All I can get is a chin weld. Do you all put a cheek piece or pad on your shotguns when mounting a red dot? I need some elevation to make this work...

Usually when you have a gun with a raised rib, the comb will be high enough to get a decent cheek weld, with a low mounted optic. See my Beretta 1301 Comp above.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I intended to mount a spare RMR but found a deal on a silver Aimpoint so went that way instead

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I intended to mount a spare RMR but found a deal on a silver Aimpoint so went that way instead

I saw Aridus posted this pic of your shotgun on their Instagram feed. Definitely a 1301 that stands out from the crowd.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yep...the kit was a special editon blue anodized one and I bought gray and fit it to match the original black that was in the kit.

that pic got wonky. I'll have to get a better one. I bought a spare VR barrel for it that's being cerakoted to match. Still need to get a Nordic extension for it.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Which Magpul stock are you using, the 870 or the Mossberg? That option may make me sell my Benelli M4.

quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
The Aridus Industries adapter allows you to use the SGA stock for the Mossberg line of shotguns.

See here: https://www.aridusindustries.c...-1301-stock-adapter/

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Very cool, thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
The Aridus Industries adapter allows you to use the SGA stock for the Mossberg line of shotguns.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Very cool, thanks.

quote:

That's a really nice looking setup! How's felt recoil with that buttstock compare to the OEM(s)?

CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
Very cool, thanks.

quote:

That's a really nice looking setup! How's felt recoil with that buttstock compare to the OEM(s)?

I haven't been able to get mine to the range yet as I'm waiting for a few more pieces to show up, but the SGA stock is a necessity for me since I have shorter arms. It definitely makes the length of pull more manageable for me.