SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger introduces a new toy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger introduces a new toy Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
Ruger Rim Fire Precision Rifle:
https://ruger.com/products/pre...nRimfire/models.html

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Not my cup of tea but I bet they'll sell like hotcakes at a French festival.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I own 0 22. I own 1 ruger precision in 308. It looks modeled after the 308, and if so, it will be a joy. The only reason I dont EDC that 308 is ammo is just to pricy. That trigger.... guys... guy that trigger. It's so smooth. like greased crap outta goose

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://ruger.com/products/pre...nRimfire/models.html

That's pretty neat! My son would love it.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine what that costs. I know Ruger .22's can be made to be quite accurate but I am impressed with how accurate they are right out of the box. My 10/22 is a family favorite.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Can be pre-ordered for $399.99.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...ducts2.cfm/ID/202424

Looks pretty cool to me. I want it but I’m not sure if I need it.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I want it too. Need, meh, not so much.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is the left hand. I want

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for an out of the box left handed bolt action suppressor host .22

Here's hoping they make a southpaw version.

Edit:
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
Where is the left hand. I want

Beat me to it

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll get one.

Im really impressed with ruger pumping out awesome ideas these days.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it would be a lot more than just $400.00. For that price, you can't go wrong.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
That's something I will seriously look at early next year after I pay my property tax and income tax...and finish my 9MM AR build...maybe around May.

It might be a good time to sell the old JM Marlin 880SS...if the Ruger is dead nuts accurate Razz

At least this rifle doesn't look as cheap as the nine MM just released...plus the .22 has a wide range of adjustable do-hickeys to make it feel right and comfortable to shoot...

Yep, I might buy one of these first and finish the 9MM later in the spring/summer.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks better then their last new rifle.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Ruger is now three for three on hideously ugly new releases.

What am I saying. Way more than three for three.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
Ruger is now three for three on hideously ugly new releases.

What am I saying. Way more than three for three.
Big Grin

They do alright with steel and wood, not so much with polymer.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Shut up and take my money! Big Grin

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Kind of like a stripper, I'll want to hold it first, before passing any judgement. Cool

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I like it...price isn't too bad, either, for what it is. My buddy has an RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor. It was spendy, but it's a great rifle.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Bad move on the stock. Doesn't look like you can swap in AR stocks. RPR shooters will want to duplicate their centerfire and use this for a trainer.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
Bad move on the stock. Doesn't look like you can swap in AR stocks. RPR shooters will want to duplicate their centerfire and use this for a trainer.

I don't think that's going to be the issue you make it out to be.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post