SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    NEW: SIG Sauer Introduces Upgraded MPX PCC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW: SIG Sauer Introduces Upgraded MPX PCC Login/Join 
NRA Life Member
posted
s://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/11/27/upgraded-mpx-pcc/

Posts: 2284 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Life Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2284 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/11/27/upgraded-mpx-pcc/

Sig, this is about 2.5 years to late.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh. Timmney trigger and some revised furniture. Can’t see that comp at the end of a long 9mm barrel having much effect.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Here’s an idea: “Sig introduces caliber conversion kits for Gen 1 and Gen 2 MPX’s.”

This fucking company, I swear to God...

Hehehe, yet people still fall for it, hook line and sinker.

In the end, I think SIG doesn't get to the caliber conversions because there isn't the demand we think there is.

And with all the informal 'versions' / 'generations' of weapons, it will just end up as more calls to C/S when the new kit doesn't work with a first gen rifle, etc, etc.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
"Sig discontinues MPX"

Wait

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
"Sig discontinues MPX"

Wait

Probably won’t have to wait long. It’s what they do. It’s why I won’t even consider buying one.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
"Sig discontinues MPX"

Wait

Probably won’t have to wait long. It’s what they do. It’s why I won’t even consider buying one.

Yep. About time for Sig to announce the “next big thing” that they’ll drop their current stuff to work on.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd sure like to have a .357 Sig option for mine.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Damn; still using that cheesy, cheap plastic dust cover, I see. I was hoping that they changed to a metal door so I could buy the parts for my own MPX. Big Grin

Ugh, the Virtus stock migrates...worst position release button, like ever (Valley girl accent for emphasis). The folded detent sucks as well; much harder to redeploy the stock from the folded position than with earlier SIG/SB Tactical stock and brace designs. Clearly engineered by a non-'tactical' bozo.

Well at least it's official; the last holdout is gone. KeyMod is finally put to bed at Newington. And only a year after the Pentagon made their determination on which is best for them...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still takes $50 magazines, right? Wink

posted Hide Post
The good news is prices on the original are already on their way down with distributors...

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Damn; still using that cheesy, cheap plastic dust cover, I see. I was hoping that they changed to a metal door so I could buy the parts for my own MPX. Big Grin

Ugh, the Virtus stock migrates...worst position release button, like ever (Valley girl accent for emphasis). The folded detent sucks as well; much harder to redeploy the stock from the folded position than with earlier SIG/SB Tactical stock and brace designs. Clearly engineered by a non-'tactical' bozo.

Well at least it's official; the last holdout is gone. KeyMod is finally put to bed at Newington. And only a year after the Pentagon made their determination on which is best for them...

I doubt these were a consideration for a rifle they built for the competition market.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I'd sure like to have a .357 Sig option for mine.

Heeheehee. Good one! Big Grin

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I wonder if a 357SIG wouldn't make that comp work more efficiently? It would certainly be the only way to make something other than legal sense of a 16" barrel.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Extremely affordable at $2016 MSRP for a gun that should cost $800.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I got my MPX pistol lightly used for $1000 a couple years ago; now I can't hardly see one anywhere for less than $1500, and they want these new ones to pull in $2k msrp?

I love my MPX, don't get me wrong. but I love it a lot more at $1000, and a lot less at $2k.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
After the 556 fiasco I don’t even consider SIG as viable rifle. No way I’m going to get left in the lurch. They try to do rifles like apple does iPhones.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
The good news is prices on the original are already on their way down with distributors...

So, wait until spring SHOT show when they discontinue them to pick them up on clearance if you wanted one. Sounds about right. Might be smart to start grabbing mags if you own one.

quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
After the 556 fiasco I don’t even consider SIG as viable rifle. No way I’m going to get left in the lurch. They try to do rifles like apple does iPhones.

And there it is. Yep, same.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post