picked up a KAC SR-25

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/7490030944

November 03, 2018, 12:22 PM
kimberkid
picked up a KAC SR-25
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Kimber is probably talking about the old SR25 Match and Sporters.

Yes ... that's what it said in my Operators manual that came with my first SR25 Match, like the one pictured in this thread. This rifle is the reason I started reloading 308.

I wouldn't be surprised if the newer ones with shorter (than 24") barrels are chambered for different loads.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
November 03, 2018, 12:54 PM
bubbatime
They have been in Titusville, FL for as long as I can rememeber. What time frame was Vero ?

November 03, 2018, 07:31 PM
JoshNC
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Yeah...none of its easy if the rifle didn't come with the correct can. Might just leave that alone vs. messing with the gun.

I wouldn’t mess with that rifle. Leave it as is, shoot it and enjoy it for what it is - a badass legacy SR25.

If you want a SR25 to use suppressed, I suggest you pic up a current production CC and with add a KAC QDC can or SF 762 SOCOM RC2. I have an ACC with 762 SOCOM RC and it’s fantastic.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald
November 03, 2018, 09:48 PM
kimberkid
Ditto, I would not mess with the harmonics of a perfect barrel ... You can be assured if KAC thought hanging a suppressor off the end of it was a good idea, they would have done it instead of threading the gas block.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
November 04, 2018, 10:34 AM
darthfuster
Very nice gun! I've lusted for one of these since the early 2000s. My local tactical store had one that I fondled back in 02. Have admired them ever since. Should have bought it. Congrats Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier