SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need rail recommendation for Mossberg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need rail recommendation for Mossberg Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
I bought a Mossberg Shockwave to play around with, and I want to put a top rail on it to mount a laser, or light/laser combo. I bought an inexpensive rail which looked pretty good, but it came with cheap pot metal screws. Some were stripped out upon arrival, others stripped easily upon moderate application of force with the included small allen wrench.

Mossberg sells a top rail for $39, but I have no idea if it's any better. Can anybody make a recommendation for a company that's not crazy expensive but decent with decent hardware?

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Anybody? Here's the cheap rail I bought:

It was cheap, as in $9 cheap, but the rail seems solid. The screws were crappy.

I don't mind paying more for a better quality product, but how much difference is there in a 5" rail?

The Mossberg rail is $39:

http://www.mossberg.com/store/...unt-matte-96200.html

$39 seems a bit high for a 5" piece of rail, but my biggest concern is that it is the same rail and it too could come with crappy screws.

So does anybody have a recommendation for a rail provider? Should I just keep the cheap one and source my own screws locally?

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post