SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tikka T3x TAC A1 chambered for 6.5 Creedmoor, a review.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka T3x TAC A1 chambered for 6.5 Creedmoor, a review. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SOKYSig:
This would be used on the Tikka T3x TAC A1 20" barrel .308 WIN. purchased from EuroOptic.

Just now noticed your post. What‽ No range report after having had it for two months? Wink
What about the scope?

And as a separate issue about dry firing and snap caps. This is from the Tikka manual:

DRY FIRING/“DUMMY” ROUNDS
Dry firing is defined as firing a firearm with no ammunition in the chamber. Long term dry firing may damage the bolt.
“Snap caps” (chamber inserts that allow a firearm to be dry-fired without damaging the rifle) are available at most gun stores for those who wish to practice firing without live ammunition.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
— Thomas Paine

Posts: 43807 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir for this review! You cost me a few bucks (or I should say cost my lovely bride a few bucks as it was an anniversary present), but I’m quite happy about it. After twice ordering (two different vendors) a Tikka T3x CTR Stainless in 308 only to have it turn out that though the order was processed the rifle was already sold, I was beginning to wonder. Then after reading your review I ran across a TAC A1 in 308 in stock, spoke with a live person confirming stock, and ordered. UPS has confirmed that they intend to deliver to my FFL Wednesday, so I am optimistic. Life is good! Lots more to learn...

Posts: 5588 | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
I ran across a TAC A1 in 308 in stock ....

Excellent. Smile

As coincidence would have it, I decided I wanted a fraternal twin to my 6.5 TAC and ordered one in 308 as well. In my very limited shooting thus far, primarily to get it zeroed, my groups with Hornady 155 grain TAP and Federal 175 grain Gold Medal Match are satisfying Tikka’s guarantee of sub-MOA groups with five shots. The last three rounds of the TAP I had available during the zeroing session were fired in a final group that measured 0.307" (0.293 MOA) center to center at 100 yards.
(Before anyone else says it, I fully realize that one group, especially of a minimum number of shots, doesn’t prove anything, but it was a nice wrap-up to the session.)

All the best with yours, and I will be interested to read your report(s).

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
— Thomas Paine

Posts: 43807 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post