SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Added a Wood Look to My Galil Ace & AR's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Added a Wood Look to My Galil Ace & AR's Login/Join 
Picture of Accomplice
posted
Had some extended rail covers hydro dipped in a wood grain pattern...

AR's with wood

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those look very nice.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Thats cool. I've always liked the look of wood. Any chance to simulate that on a lower as well?

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Thats cool. I've always liked the look of wood. Any chance to simulate that on a lower as well?

Thanks. I'm thinking of having a mag body and the stock done next.

Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
That's neat, kinda like those G3's sporting wood. Ive' been rocking old school IMI wood, going on a few decades.

Blasphemy, but I want to get an orig IMI polymer forend, lose the carrying handle and bipod, and create something like this:

Can always switch back-n-forth, so why not.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Looking good!

Did you have to modify your Ace to get the Alien Armor Railguard to sit that far back? The other photos I've seen have the AA guards positioned further forward, with some circular pieces on the Ace limiting them from going any further back.

(I'm excited to see the Alien Armor Railguard in action. I've been eyeing a .308 Ace, but the ultra-short handguard was a big negative for me.)

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Looking good!

Did you have to modify your Ace to get the Alien Armor Railguard to sit that far back? The other photos I've seen have the AA guards positioned further forward, with some circular pieces on the Ace limiting them from going any further back.

(I'm excited to see the Alien Armor Railguard in action. I've been eyeing a .308 Ace, but the ultra-short handguard was a big negative for me.)

Yeah, I had to go full retard with a Dremel to get it that far back. The polymer pic. rails on the Ace also had to be filed a bit as they were a couple of thousandths too large.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Slick! Looks a bit like my Vepr.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post