SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    SIG wins Direct View Optic award
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG wins Direct View Optic award Login/Join 
posted
I take it that this is the ACOG replacement?:

"NEWINGTON, N.H., (November 9, 2020) – SIG SAUER, Inc. is proud to announce the TANGO6T has been selected by the U.S. Department of Defense for the Direct View Optic (DVO) in response to a solicitation to enhance squad performance with a variable powered riflescope. Unlike older generation non-magnified or fixed-magnification optics, the TANGO6T is a 1-6X variable-magnification riflescope that enables the soldier to engage both close-quarter targets and targets at extended ranges."

https://www.sigsauer.com/press...rect-view-optic-dvo/

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
PAGE NOT FOUND

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/tango6t-1-6x24-mm.html

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
That’s because it’s been out far to long and it has been discontinued by SIG. Razz. I keeeeed.

The page is there.

I never gave much credence to SIG Optics. So are they really putting out solid stuff?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like this is an update to an earlier announcement detailing what model was selected.

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Maybe not so fabulous after all
posted Hide Post
Surprised they didn't go with the Nightforce ATACR, but Sig probably gave them a deal.

Posts: 127 | Registered: August 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All military/gov't contracts involve "a deal".

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lists for around $1500. Probably made by the same factory that makes the higher end Vortex's? And that could be the same factory as Nightforce?

The better scopes that are branded by non-scope companies are usually advertised as "Made in Japan". Just thinking out loud. Seems anyone can get a scope from an OEM and slap their name on it. Geissele has a their own branded scopes now too...

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post