SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    QC10 dropping an AR lower that uses 226 mags
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QC10 dropping an AR lower that uses 226 mags Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
The asc/cproducts ones DO Not function the same as the metal form ones. Cheaper yes, the same no.

Wouldn't even lock into my PSA lower with the bolt closed and empty mag. Didn't really fit the magwell either. They are junk IME. Bought the PSA metalforms when theuly were on sale last winter for $12.99. Got all I'm ever gonna need @ about 1/2 the cost of a glock 33 (of which I also have several).
YMMV.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
The need is I don't have a 9mms AR yet and have lots of P226 (and not Glock) mags. Wink

^^ This right here... lots of 226 18-round mags with '0' Glock mags.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Come to think of it, I've got some with the +2 bases. 20 rounds of 9mm in an AR isn't necessarily bad.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
The asc/cproducts ones DO Not function the same as the metal form ones. Cheaper yes, the same no.

Wouldn't even lock into my PSA lower with the bolt closed and empty mag. Didn't really fit the magwell either. They are junk IME. Bought the PSA metalforms when theuly were on sale last winter for $12.99. Got all I'm ever gonna need @ about 1/2 the cost of a glock 33 (of which I also have several).
YMMV.

I have noticed that the Spring seems a little lighter causing the follower to flop a little more than the metalforms but has given me no functionality issues.
I got a bunch of metalforms from PSA for 19.99 a few years back.
Sure wish I would have seen the 12.99 sale.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only use the Metalform,the ASC/C Products always gave me problems. Plus the Metalform are $19.99 and have gone on sale for $12.99.

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a market where gun sales are lower than those from the Obama administration years, something new probably helps the factories continuing running. There may, or may not, be a huge number of buyers for a pistol caliber AR that uses Sig magazines. Time will tell. But Quarter Circle appears to the be the first to the market.

From a curiosity standpoint, how do QC10's pistol caliber ARs compare to those from other manufacturers?

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I classify them like Daniel Defense.
Above average quality but way overpriced.
Certainly can get their quality from other brands at a much lower price.
Now the MP5 mag lower and upcoming 226 no one else does so it can’t really count as a premium.

The were pretty much the original for Glock mags.
Used to be DDLES

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I've gone back and forth for a decade on whether I "need" a 9mm carbine or not. An AR that takes P226 mags peaks my interest since I have a bunch of them.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I classify them like Daniel Defense.
Above average quality but way overpriced.
Certainly can get their quality from other brands at a much lower price.
Now the MP5 mag lower and upcoming 226 no one else does so it can’t really count as a premium.

The were pretty much the original for Glock mags.
Used to be DDLES
Yes, I have DDLES Colt AR Lower (SBRed now) and it has been fantastic but I count myself lucky that I got my stuff before DDLES imploded - I’m glad QC10 picked up the design / production (if they weren’t already doing it for DDLES), because they are great lowers.

Pricy? Yeah.

ETA - I had bad experiences with C-products / ASC mags in it. Metalform work great and is all I use.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
As an aside, does anyone have any direct experience with Magpul's extended capacity mags? Either the 17 or 21 round variety? Prices are not unreasonable, but if they don't work with reliability, the price is obviously not so reasonable.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
As an aside, does anyone have any direct experience with Magpul's extended capacity mags? Either the 17 or 21 round variety? Prices are not unreasonable, but if they don't work with reliability, the price is obviously not so reasonable.

My Magpul Glock 21 Round Magazines work flawlessly

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Thanks- 21 rounds would be a pretty good balance between capacity and portability. I’m guessing the 27 rounders will be a hot seller when they arrive in spring.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will Gen4 Glock 33rd mags function fine in the new Ruger PC 9 millie carbine? Have a a Beretta Storm rifle which takes 92 series mags, but can't get beyond the horrendous trigger pull it has without voiding it's warranty.Maybe I should dump it for a Ruger PC rifle...

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I have a Stag 9mm, with 5 -32 rd , 4-20 rd, & 4-10 rd ASC mags. I have not had a single problem with any of them other then they are a bitch to load by hand.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post