SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    QC10 dropping an AR lower that uses 226 mags
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QC10 dropping an AR lower that uses 226 mags Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Supposed to debut on Social media this week then at SHOT.
Got a quick email that just stated it was coming.

Not quite sure I see the need really but hey innovation is always fun I guess. So why not. Granted I have a metric ton of 226 mags still in the wrapper and another not in wrappers.

Even have a factory 15 rounder I paid $125 for in the ban days Eek

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The need is I don't have a 9mms AR yet and have lots of P226 (and not Glock) mags. Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
You mean dropping or DROPPING?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Dropping

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
<That CANT happen>

Big Grin

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
In all seriousness, it's nifty, but not all that useful, unless you're part of the "gotta share mags with my handgun" crowd.

It appears that the largest capacity P226 mags available are 20 rounds, and most are 15 rounds. There aren't any larger capacity mags, like the Glock stick mags.

Personally, even if I had plenty of 226 mags, I'd rather have higher capacity mags available for my 9mm AR, so that's back to Glock or Colt.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Why do some of you feel the need to post stupid stuff in someone's thread.

RHINOWSO, We know you never pass up an opportunity to dog on SIG.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Relax. We're here to have fun.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Too little to late; Glock is the recognized king of hi-cap stick mags for carbines/sub guns. Now, if Sig would make a working 30 round mag and act like the damn things were not made of a precious metal when they price them...

Until then, it is a wasted effort IMO.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15556 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Too little to late; Glock is the recognized king of hi-cap stick mags for carbines/sub guns. Now, if Sig would make a working 30 round mag and act like the damn things were not made of a precious metal when they price them...

I’d argue that Colt holds a place at the front of the line.

————————————————

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

Perhaps in every category save price; I'd rather have double the mags, and wouldn't worry for a second about reliability. The biggest attraction for me is having interchangeability with the handgun.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15556 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Perhaps in every category save price; I'd rather have double the mags, and wouldn't worry for a second about reliability. The biggest attraction for me is having interchangeability with the handgun.

I have not paid more than $25 for my Colt pattern mags many paid $20 for. Where can I get Glock 33 round mags for less than that I could use a couple?

————————————————

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Palmetto State Armory Colt mags are $19 and the work great so I also place the Colt style mags above GLOCK in every category including price.

For the record I own 4 Glock 19’s and 2 Sig P226’s and have tons of mags for both . When I built my SBR I still went with the Colt style even though it meant buying new mags

Posts: 634 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
Why do some of you feel the need to post stupid stuff in someone's thread.

RHINOWSO, We know you never pass up an opportunity to dog on SIG.

I was honestly confused by the 'dropping' in the title, thinking that QC10 was going to make a 226 mag lower, then 'dropped' it - ie not going to make it.

WRT to the P320, I didn't cause that issue at all, nor did I post about it first in this thread. I simply jabbed some humor (with some truth) to it.

In short, Lighten Up, Francis.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KML:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Palmetto State Armory Colt mags are $19 and the work great so I also place the Colt style mags above GLOCK in every category including price.

For the record I own 4 Glock 19’s and 2 Sig P226’s and have tons of mags for both . When I built my SBR I still went with the Colt style even though it meant buying new mags

I have a Colt Pattern and I like it, but the mags are beefy / heavy, even unloaded.

I'd bet Glock 33rd mags are significantly lighter than Colt 32s.

Not a deal breaker, since you could use the Colt Mags as a good club, or attached two mags with a length of cord and use them as nunchuks.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Real Colt mags are cheaper than Glock? Not pro mag junk? Where can they be had?

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Real Colt mags are cheaper than Glock? Not pro mag junk? Where can they be had?

$23.99
https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar1...rm.html#.WmKXQGJOn7o

Metalform is the OEM for Colt.
I got mine from PSA for 19.99 but they appear to be sold out at the moment.

ASC and CProducts can be had for around $15 and they function just as well as the metalforms.
https://gunmagwarehouse.com/as...-steel-magazine.html

No need for Promag plastic junk.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
The asc/cproducts ones DO Not function the same as the metal form ones. Cheaper yes, the same no.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
The asc/cproducts ones DO Not function the same as the metal form ones. Cheaper yes, the same no.

I have had zero issues with them in my rifle.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Ok your luck is better than mine. I've a pretty good sample size of these, about 30% are junk in use. I don't mind that since they have been more than that cheaper than metalform. But I wouldn't use them for serious work (not that I use a 9mm ar that way). But for match use I always test the asc ones for awhile to avoid issues.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post