SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    HK experts...waddaigot here
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK experts...waddaigot here Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
Bought a BUNCH of knives, my true addiction and they threw a bag of what I’m sure are HK parts in on the deal.

is the receiver/side folder factory or aftermarket ? What model is it for?
No markings

The rail/optic setup is marked Hensoldt
There is a low power and red dot optic combo with a little slide on top for a fiber optic pickup

The light grey tube, I have no idea

Don’t have a lot of money in it, was kind of sweetener on the knife deal.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
SL8/G36 conversion.

The lower/stock is the old style conversion before guys like Tom Bostic started doing it truly right. Stock might be HK although it looks a little "off" to my eye.

Handguard is grey Sl8

That carry handle/dual optic however is genuine G36 and worth some bucks these days. Think around 1k. HKparts was selling new ones for 1.5 (although they are generally high on stuff)
If they tossed that in you made out like a bandit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Andy, thanks for the info, somehow I knew you would post pretty quick.
Yikes on the optic rail!
Found one on GB sold for $1200 after you told me what it was.

We were about $100 apart on the knife deal, was hoping I could break even on the parts.

--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
Andy, thanks for the info, somehow I knew you would post pretty quick.
Yikes on the optic rail!
Found one on GB sold for $1200 after you told me what it was.

We were about $100 apart on the knife deal, was hoping I could break even on the parts.

Sounds like you did a hell of a lot better than that!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lower/stock looks like the Top Notch/Special Weapons stock block conversion. Chances are that the stock is TN/SW too since it came with a copy of the G36E stock.

Check the optic for black specks in or near the recticle. That was a common issue.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
The lower/stock looks like the Top Notch/Special Weapons stock block conversion. Chances are that the stock is TN/SW too since it came with a copy of the G36E stock.

Check the optic for black specks in or near the recticle. That was a common issue.

Optic looks perfect, no specks I can see

--Riff Raff--

posted Hide Post
You got a great find on the optic alone. I remember when CDNN had some they were getting rid of for only $300.00 but had some minor issues with the sight. I kick myself for not getting a couple for investment only.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Excellent! Mine actually has the specks which is annoying, but it doesn't affect the optic.

Since yours is clean and the dual optic you have a great piece.

You have the dual, I would be really tempted to do something crazy.....

https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/shop

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
quote:

Excellent! Mine actually has the specks which is annoying, but it doesn't affect the optic.

Since yours is clean and the dual optic you have a great piece.

You have the dual, I would be really tempted to do something crazy.....

https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/shop

HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

I need a cold shower...

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
If that is a Special Weapons receiver, it will accept the HK stock, I had one back in the day but the Special Weapons stock was uncomfortably long so I got an HK "C" (compact) stock and it fit perfectly.

If I stumbled into a deal like that I'd build one of Tom's kits without any hesitation!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Old thread revival update.
Gave up on finding a reasonably priced SL8 and sold all of the parts, including the rail/optic a couple months ago.

Walked into a local pawn shop yesterday and found a mint SL8-1 (grey model) for CHEAP!

Now I gotta decide what to do with it,,,

--Riff Raff--

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Figures.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Maybe I’ll try to trade into an MP5/clone...hmmmm

--Riff Raff--