SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Swiss Stgw 57 grip assembly instructions needed.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss Stgw 57 grip assembly instructions needed. Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
I have a completely disassembled Swiss Stgw 57 grip assembly. Does anyone have detailed assembly instructions? With pictures sure would be appreciated.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
I hope this will help

https://www.swisswaffen.com/fi...t-1/agzr56s44vo7.pdf

biggerhammer is another source.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much, Daniel.

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Daniel; I finally verified that my disassembled grip assembly has all the pieces and parts present. By any chance is there a video or step by step instructions on how to do the actual reassembly?

My God, but this is one complex piece of engineering! Any hints, tricks, or suggestions for reassembly would be greatly appreciated.

SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Dan, I'm not aware of a video, but check out Swisswaffen. There are various pictures of the trigger group of a cutaway model. Googeling for "Stgw 57 Abzugsgruppe" will bring further details as well. A PE or AMT group is almost identical also.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
How does one compress the hammer spring (#8) so that the tip of the spring rod (#9) can be slipped into its seat on the back of the frame box (#14)?

Well, I figured out how to compress the hammer spring. After five hours I was able to completely assemble the grip assembly.

After reviewing all the inter-web photos I could find, I have determined this grip assembly is for a 510-4 and most likely from Chile.

I needed to make a slave pin to keep the sear (#34), sear spring (#33), and trigger (#32) assembled when inserted into the grip assembly. Compression and positioning of the hammer spring was a real bear. I did it with vice grips, screw drivers, and pliers.

Here are some pics for your enjoyment;

These are the parts that I started with.

Completed left view w/slave pin, hammer down.

Completed right view, hammer down.

Top view, hammer down.

Top view, hammer cocked.

Front view.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MG34_Dan,

certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
Bravo to you Dan!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Well done.

This a recreation of how it would have worked out or me:

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post