SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who makes an aftermarket trigger for the "legacy" MCX.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes an aftermarket trigger for the "legacy" MCX. Login/Join 
Picture of Green Highlander
posted
I am primarily a pistol shooter and the MCX (non-Virtus) was my foray into the black rifle realm. I want to upgrade the trigger in but a drop in AR trigger is not compatible. I know Geissele makes one specific to the MCX and Sig offers a match trigger. The $325 for Geissele is a big spend on what is primarily a fun gun. Are there any others who make aftermarket triggers for the MCX? I also welcome opinions on what is available.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geissele mcx triggers are on sale at the moment (sale ending soon) for $260 on Geissele's website and on Brownells.com

I'd used Brownells since they ship faster than the quoted 5 weeks from Geissele.com due to the "high volume due to holiday sale".

Still pricey, but the sale takes the sting out of the cost and it is still worth it.

Posts: 36 | Registered: September 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A number of Geissele triggers work with the MCX, if you have the “G” firing pin block on their upgraded bolt carrier. My SSA still worked fine after I got the “upgraded” bolt, although I’ve since changed to the MCX specific trigger that I picked up at the last sale.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to play with a virtus recently and I was very impressed with the Sig Matchlite Duo trigger. I was able to find one from optics planet for $115 shipped after their 4th of July discount code. I could not justify the price difference for the Geissele.

There is no different between the legacy MCX and virtus MCX. Just make sure that you have the recalled BCG.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies so far. I do have the updated BCG. Does anyone have experience to enlighten me on a comparison between the Geissele and Sig triggers.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
CMC Triggers are in my opinion better then the Geiselle. I have several of both, as well as Elfmann. They are in my AR's not my Mcx though.

If you would like to try them both, I can meet you at the range.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post