SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any 556 Owners Still Around
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any 556 Owners Still Around Login/Join 
Picture of Accomplice
posted
I love the platform and still have a 556 Patrol Swat. It's the last of 9 variations of the 556 I've cycled through the collection over the years. Runs like a top...

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a swat patrol as well, it's always run like a champ for me. Who makes that handguard yo u have and where did you get it? I have the clunky quad rail and don't care for it.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
I have a swat patrol as well, it's always run like a champ for me. Who makes that handguard yo u have and where did you get it? I have the clunky quad rail and don't care for it.

The quad rail is still on mine, those are alien armor extended rail covers slid over it from alienarmorgear.com

posted Hide Post
Thanks, for $30 I might have to give them a try.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I moved my last 556 a couple years back. Like you, I think I had 5 or 6 at one point. Buds had them on clearance for 879.00, how could you not buy a few at that price. In hindsight I probably should have kept one but the MCX was calling my name.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who makes those handguards?

Posts: 3319 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

They are extended rail covers from alienarmorgear.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Accomplice:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

They are extended rail covers from alienarmorgear.com

Thanks. I thought they were replacement handguards. They don't look like just extended rail covers that go over an existing railled handguard.

Posts: 3319 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have two both NIB. An original fish gill w/o the canted rail that was bought the first day they were released in my neck of the woods and a 556 Classic with the collapsable and folding stock.

Posts: 12427 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I still have my old 556 SWAT, great rifle but a bit heavy compared to an AR.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
Absolutely love both of mine. A first gen SWAT patrol and a standard gen 2.

Posts: 798 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Still have my original fish gill early early release. Shoots great. It wears a set of irons, an Aimpoint and a Scout light.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7615 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
556 Commando here. Put a Magpul UBR on it to replace the folder. Sig sights and Aimpoint Pro.

Posts: 245 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I had three at one point.
Original, classic, and swat. They were a bit heavy, but they shot well.
Divorce got me out of the 556 business.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I own a 556xi if that counts? Nice rifle but loves to send spent casings out with purpose striking shooters next to me in line. They often ask the RSOs to move. Accurate as hell. Nice rifle. It sucks that Sig has made it an orphan. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've still got mine,an early release with lots of Swiss parts.Good shooter and dependable as can be.Has a Samson quad rail and an Elcan ATOS 1.0 red dot .One of my favorite rifles.

Posts: 75 | Registered: August 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I still have 3 of my orig 7. I have an unfired DMR 556008, and 2 of the 556302 with the folding stock/quad rail/and quick thread flash hider because I like this rifle for it's folding variation, and the flash hider I can attach the SDN-6 to.

Yes heavy, yet more reliable. Runs clean, yet dents brass and throws them into next week. With the sudden price drop which cost me a chunk of change, and support and parts for the platform gone, I have yet to forgive Sig.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1986 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
556R here, 7.62x39 Soviet. Best "AK" out there.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's see I still have:

556R Classic G2
556 SWAT Patrol Swiss Stock
556 SWAT Swiss Stock
522 Classic

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 963 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I really prefer the way it shoulders compared to the straight stock ARs. I'm just afraid to pick one up because they are gone. Parts may get hard to come by. I have an M400 because it's an AR, but I'm not in love with the platform.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post