SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    300 Blackout 110 Gr. TTX - Black Hills
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 Blackout 110 Gr. TTX - Black Hills Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone tried this round??? If so, your thoughts????

Posts: 32 | Location: Greendale, WI | Registered: September 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest you re-post here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/410601935

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot2:
Has anyone tried this round??? If so, your thoughts????

I have. Fine ammo. I was using a rainier barrel.

From shooting 27 or 30 factory ammo boxes ranging from 110 to 220 grain weights. Is a quick overview.

110 to 128 grains produced 1 inch Ish groups at 75 yds with a 2moa dot.

130 to 155 grain bullets produced 3" groups at 75 yds using the same dots.

The 185 to 220 grain rounds produced 1 inch ish groups at 75 yds using the same 2moa dot.

For the money the blackhills performed no better than the SB, Sig, Hornaday ammo's.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have shot a couple of boxes of the Barnes version. I suspect the Black Hills ammo will be quite similar. Shot from an 11" Wilson Combat barrel, using a few different quality mid-power optics. Barnes 110 load was one of the better rounds for accuracy, close to some of the SMK and Vmax rounds. But the TT bullet is designed for terminal results, not accuracy on steel or paper targets.

My notes show that 5-round groups at 50 yards were .58" and 1.10".
At 100 yards the groups were 1.22" and 1.42". These are decent results for 300blk.

At 250 yards I measured only vertical variation, as sideways winds drive the bullet impacts quite a bit left and right. Verticals were 2.75" and 3.75". Pretty good results for 300blk.

At 370 yards the verticals were 2.5" and 8.0". This shows that the muzzle velocities varied quite a bit from one round to the next. At all distances that I shot, I found more vertical than horizontal variation -- even in windy conditions.

The 110 bullet expands differently than copper-clad lead bullets. On the steel targets I use, the bullets made pin-prick mark, with virtually no spatter on the steel. However, I didn't find big pieces of bullet near the steel.

The 110 bullet penetrated deep into the sandy berms behind the steel targets, when I missed the steel. The bullets remained virtually intact, with some expansion of petals on the front of the bullet, and some evidence of tumbling.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You!!!!

Posts: 32 | Location: Greendale, WI | Registered: September 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post