SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    If you were only going to have one AR, what would it be?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you were only going to have one AR, what would it be? Login/Join 
Picture of pepsiblue
posted
If you were only going to have one AR, what would it be? Take the availability and the cost factor out of it, and what would you pick? Colt used to set the standard and was considered to be the best, nowadays I think there are plenty of other options that are just as good if not better. HK seems to have the elite status, but you never actually see one for sale in the shops. Knights are supposed to super nice, but again you never really see one on the Shelf for sale. But, in this discussion I guess that really doesn’t matter. If you were spending somebody else’s money, or had unlimited money, what would you buy? How would you set it up, and what accessories would you put on it? If you would rather have an A.R. pistol with a brace, that works also. I’m just looking for new ideas, and seeing what everybody else out there likes!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I personally own several ARs.
HK,Sig,PSA,Aero,Barrett,...

If it was just 1 - it'd be the Barrett Rec7

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
If I am spending someone else's cash:

Knights Arament SR15 14.5" or 16" Kahles, Vortex or Nightforce 1-10x LPVO, Vickers sling, full power laser if you have nods.

Out of my flock, if it has to be an AR: (SCAR 10" with Aimpoint T1 would be the one I grabbed first.)

BCM 11.5", Aimpoint T1, Vickers sling, Magpul Pro buis or could be the AR I am close to finishing a 13.7" mutt with a 1-6 LPVO (not tested yet)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David W,

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it has be be an AR and its not my money I'm going with KAC. (but there is not a chance if I can have only one rifle thing that takes AR mags that it would be an actual AR)

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
POF Rogue !
I have one.

Posts: 363 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lewis Machine CQB .223
Kahles KL6i 1x6 scope
kahles Rd red dot ( 45 degree mount)
Sure fire 600c light
Atlas V8 bipod
8 mags

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
LWRC

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Nightforce 1-10x LPVO,

That's not a thing lol

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Nightforce 1-10x LPVO,

That's not a thing lol

I was only trying to name a few brands I would choose, forgive me for not putting 1-8 on the Nightforce. Was it worth even mentioning?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No love for Larue? Madness.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted this in another topic that I responded regarding a member asking for AR ideas.

The AR I would choose would be the FN M16A4 with the knights rail system, removable carry handle and also adjustable butt stock. It was the same one I was issued in boot camp and also at my unit.

I would probably throw an Aimpoint CompM4 on it since that is what I am used to using for Uncle Sam.

The BUIS would be like the ones I was issued in the Army.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
This one:

Posts: 3656 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Dam tough question to answer.

KAC outta be in that conversation.
LMT might be the move, can we have different barrels?
I could see a Recce type also, but LMT with a stainless barrel could cover that and more.

Looks like LMT could be it.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
LMT

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DD Mk18 SBR

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Just give me a Colt. The AR is a tool, I'm the weapon.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
One of these:

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Probably BCM. Paul is good people and he makes a heck of a carbine

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
16" Sons of Liberty Gun Works:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIG228,

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post