SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    how good are daniel defense rifle?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how good are daniel defense rifle? Login/Join 
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I have an early Colt 6920, a DD V7 and three BCM rifles. I've never had a problem with any of them. Surprisingly the Colt is the most accurate with surplus ball ammo. The rifles that see the most use are my BCM rifles with cold hammer forged barrels. I love the rail system BCM uses and the furniture is superior to what DD puts on their rifles. I won't be selling my DD V7 but it isn't my favorite and it's the most expensive of the bunch.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
They're typically good AR's, ( the V5 is one of the better, more balanced quad rail models, though somewhat heavy, ) but supporting a company that's poorly managed and lays off well over half of their employees would cause me to begin doubting the quality of their products and how well they're supported if ever there was an issue.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
They're typically good AR's, ( the V5 is one of the better, more balanced quad rail models, though somewhat heavy, ) but supporting a company that's poorly managed and lays off well over half of their employees would cause me to begin doubting the quality of their products and how well they're supported if ever there was an issue.

One can hardly fault any AR company for having to layoff employees in the current market. Atthe end of the day,its still a business.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Stop talking about Colt like that Razz

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:

One can hardly fault any AR company for having to layoff employees in the current market. At the end of the day,its still a business.

Bingo.
So far in my career, I've worked for 6 companies. While I was working there, 3 of these 6 companies experienced layoffs due to business downturns. Two of the layoffs included me.

ARs have been around for roughly 60 years. Quality replacement parts will be available for awhile.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
ARs have been around for roughly 60 years. Quality replacement parts will be available for awhile.

One of the benefits to owning an AR. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post