SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bravo Chassis for Tikka T1x
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bravo Chassis for Tikka T1x Login/Join 
Picture of Tomahawk
posted

Posts: 205 | Location: TX | Registered: June 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting. I have a t1x but Im not sure I want to change the stock on it.

I ended up taking the bravo chassis off a t3x and putting the factory stock back on after awhile.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Very nice and it definitely caught my interest for my Tikka T3.

I’m curious about mounting a monopod on the bottom rear of the stock by attaching a Picatinny rail section. I see there are two holes in that location. Do you know what purpose they serve?

Also, is the large hole at the top rear of the stock just in front of the recoil pad for attaching a QD sling swivel? Can the cup be switched to the opposite side?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
I ended up taking the bravo chassis off a t3x and putting the factory stock back on after awhile.

What did you not like about the Bravo chassis?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tomahawk
posted Hide Post
Yes, the hole is for a QD swivel...same on the other side. It came with one QD mount and a small pic. rail. It can be used to change the bipod mount or attach a mono pod to the rear...if you're not a bagger.

Posts: 205 | Location: TX | Registered: June 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tomahawk
posted Hide Post
They need to come up with a smooth cover for the butt if you run the hand hook option. It has some sharp edges and leaves the stock open to dirt & critters.

That's a small gripe...overall it's light, stiff and reasonably priced.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Tomahawk.

I also contacted the company directly and got a response back within a few minutes—something I didn’t expect. I try to avoid impulse purchases, but I will probably order one myself very soon.

I have become a firm fan of using a monopod at the rear with a small Triad Tactical wedge bag. I fold the monopod down at a 45° angle so that its length rests on the top of the bag, and grasp both with my support hand. That gives me good control while permitting a decent amount of adjustment of my aim.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks good, but only available for short action Tikkas on the T3/T3x.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15277 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tomahawk
posted Hide Post
I checked the KRG site and they do make a cover for the rear hand/hook - $9.00 Not bad! They also have an over-molded cheek piece and adapter to make the butt pad adjustable vertically, etc. Add all that and you're still under $500..a bit more for the T3

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Nothing I’m just almost strictly a hunter and didn’t have a use for the heavier stock. It’s a quality product that I personally think is pretty darn awesome,I just didn’t have a use for it personally.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Nothing I’m just almost strictly a hunter and didn’t have a use for the heavier stock.

Thanks again for your insights.
I decided to order the X-Ray chassis after more research and deciding its features will be useful, with no mountain stalking for me. Wink

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Picture of Tomahawk
posted Hide Post
Her big brother...Sako TRG build

Picture of Tomahawk
posted Hide Post
Must resize jumbo image.. Eek