SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    FYI, Marlin .357 lever action rifles back in stock at Bud's
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FYI, Marlin .357 lever action rifles back in stock at Bud's Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
I got myself one. I've waited a long time for one.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...+Walnut+Stock+10%2B1

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks, the scheels up in coralville has one

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. I have a buddy who's been looking for one of these for several years...just sent this to him. I own an older one, and it's probably my favorite rifle that I own.

Posts: 8418 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sold my 1st one ten years ago to get some cash together ,
It was $459 .00 in Phoenix when I got it

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
before anyone makes the drive over there, call ahead and confirm,

I spoke to a counter jockey who may have known how to work the computer, or not

posted Hide Post
Just saw in my new Shooting Times magazine that they now offer this rifle in this and several other calibers now with a threaded barrel.....

https://www.marlinfirearms.com...-1894/model-1894-cst

Gonna have to get me one to go with my suppressors.....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I sincerely hope they are able to produce better examples than the .44 mags they were cranking out in the early days in Ilion. Remarlington really needs to consider making the .357 with a 16” barrel. Then I might consider one.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow a factory threaded barrel 1894! I read the OP about Bud's having a quantity in .357, and was thinking about getting one and having the barrel threaded for a silencer.

Posts: 143 | Location: NoVA | Registered: August 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
A suppressed lever action .38 Special carbine just begs for night vision optics. Cool

My VISA card is trembling in fear.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Sooo tempting. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed except I want one that’s blued and with the non painted furniture - surprised none of the big makers have done this. Just need to add a 3 lug and it will work perfect for 357.

quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Just saw in my new Shooting Times magazine that they now offer this rifle in this and several other calibers now with a threaded barrel.....

https://www.marlinfirearms.com...-1894/model-1894-cst

Gonna have to get me one to go with my suppressors.....Mark

Posts: 239 | Location: The Great Salt Lake | Registered: November 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2017 made 44 mag and the fit and finish are excellent. I think they have it figured out.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I had one a few years ago. The trigger was very sloppy when cocked, flopping all around. The action locked up and I took it to a dealer to ship back to Marlin. He decided he wanted to buy it, so I got out from under it.

I did pick up a Henry BB All Weather in .357 and I think fit/finish and smoothness of action was well worth the addition 200 bucks over the Remlin. I'll be picking up a matching piece in 45-70.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
About 3 weeks ago, I handled a NIB Marlin version I was unaware they were making. It was a blued .357 with 16" barrel. Looked good, other than the polishing on the receiver was almost a finely ground finish, rather than polished. I couldn't find that version on the Buds, or Marlin's online catalog, when I tried to look it up later. Maybe either a new model or limited run?

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I sure hope Remlin has improved these or you will be in for some disappointing problems. Remlin CS is non existent. I won’t go into my experience with them here. I bought mine new in 2012 and the action is rough. I have a JM stamped Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt and it is butter smooth. Makes the Remlin feel like junk.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
When Remington bought Marlin the tooling was either worn out or non-exesitent. As a result, a lot of those rifles were being built hands on by barious people with various results. New rifles are being built on all new equipment in NY. Much better. Look for some fresh calibers this next year. The .444 Marlin I believe may be one of them. IMO, I think you are good to go to purchase a newly manufacture Marlin.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
When Remington bought Marlin the tooling was either worn out or non-exesitent. As a result, a lot of those rifles were being built hands on by barious people with various results. New rifles are being built on all new equipment in NY. Much better. Look for some fresh calibers this next year. The .444 Marlin I believe may be one of them. IMO, I think you are good to go to purchase a newly manufacture Marlin.

You’d think so, but it’s not the case. They still turn out their fare share of problems guns despite att the fancy new CNC machines. I would not buy any Remlin that I could not thoroughly inspect, including cycling dummy rounds.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I picked up the rifle today from my FFL and in fact, shot it in his back yard. Fit and finish looks beautiful. I don't see any blems in the wood or steel. I feel like I got a particularly nice one as the wood grain is very attractive.

Shot 357 mags through it. Grouped decent, but I was shooting off hand and didn't expect perfection at this point. Rounds chambered easily and casings ejected perfectly. The action is far from smooth as butter, but I expect that'll ease up with use.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this purchase. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones and if so, I'm glad. This is a rifle I've wanted for a long time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 6guns,

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want one chambered in 45lc with threaded barrel. Though 357/38 would be nice also.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really need them to rerelease the .41mag version. Henry is the only making a .41 at the moment and their loading system sucks.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post