SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt LE6920 VS Colt M4 Carbine CO?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt LE6920 VS Colt M4 Carbine CO? Login/Join 
posted
Is there a difference between the standard Colt LE6920 vs the Colt M4 Carbine Colorado compliant? Is the later Commercial vs Military Specifications? One on line site that I have used before has the regular 6920 for $900 vs $772 for the CO compliant edition. I checked Colt website but not much info. If the only difference is that it ships with a 10 round magazine it seems a big price drop for this minor difference. The regular 6920 is in stock but not the CO compliant edition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Unless mistaken, the only difference is the Co version comes with a 10rd magazine.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
When I worked in a retail store and someone would call up citing a lower price for something in another store, the manager would say, “They can advertise as low a price as they want if they don’t have it in stock.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I don't see how it is a big price drop if it is not in stock to buy now?

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
I own 8 Colts and a Predator Custom AR..make sure the cheaper 'Colt' isn't a CE1000 'Expanse' M4 model. they have no fwd assist, no dust cover. some have no sights at all. while those can be added, why not just buy a good one out of the box? the expanse model also doesn't have the govt profile barrel or chrome lining. I personally wouldn't buy one but to each their own. btw, the 6920 is the best bang for the buck.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Posted in the wrong forum. Topic would be better suited to the Rifle forum.

Without having the model numbers to reference you are going to be hard-pressed to accurately compare the two models.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:
...btw, the 6920 is the best bang for the buck.

I agree. The 6920 is rock solid AND affordable.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
When I worked in a retail store and someone would call up citing a lower price for something in another store, the manager would say, “They can advertise as low a price as they want if they don’t have it in stock.”

They still say that, lol

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Colt 6920 prices are up pretty substantially in the past year, and Colt is raising the price to distributors on January 1st as well. AND they discontinued the cheaper OEM models that lacked furniture.

Everyone else is lowering prices, yet Colt is jacking up prices??? I dont get it.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post