SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What scope for 10/22 rifle? Red dot anyone?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What scope for 10/22 rifle? Red dot anyone? Login/Join 
posted
What scope are you fellows using your rimfire rifles? Just got a tac sol x-ring rifle. Anyone run a red dot?

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I had a little Bushnell TRS-25 on my most recent 10/22. I think I picked up the mount from Amazon.

That particular 10/22 now belongs to my youngest daughter - it followed in the footsteps of its predecessor that went to my oldest girl. Time to get another one for myself! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have a Leupold FX-I 4x28 rimfire on my takedown. It works very well, but then my eyesight is not great enough to appreciate longer distances. I shoot at 25-40 yards, mostly.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^That's a nice scope that henryaz just mentioned^^^ and I'm going to put one on my Ruger 77/22 Magnum bolt rifle in the next few days.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

I have a Leupold FX-I 4x28 rimfire on my takedown. It works very well, but then my eyesight is not great enough to appreciate longer distances. I shoot at 25-40 yards, mostly.

this is one of my problems so thati s why i may get a red dot.

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run either the leupold rim fire or a red dot ( normally one of my older aimpoints). The red dot is the best starter sight for any beginner that i let shoot and totally fun out to about 50y after which the holdovers get challenging.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
I bought a trs-25 for my 10/22 and it lasted as long as it took to mount. Hand tightening it with an allen wrench was enough to snap the mounting screw, and into the trash the sight went. The rifle now wears an MRO and I love it.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I currently have a Leupold 3-9x33 EFR on my 10-22.

I like a little magnification on my 22's, but may try a cheap red dot on it sometime just for kicks.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I have a TRS 25 on my takedown and love it.

SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1640 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Give that TacSol some room to strech it's legs.

I've got one and it's a tack driver.

I threw one of these on mine. We were shooting 9mm shells off the top of the target stands at 35 yards.

PA 4-16x44

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Burris full view 2 to 7 on mine

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Cheap BSA red dot on one and an old Bushnell 3 x 9 on the other.

Red dot is easy to pick up on especially for beginners and the scope is a great entry level also. Pretty much sums up what a 10/22 is.

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I have a TRS-25 on mine.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I installed a Primary Arms red dot on my 10/22 Takedown. I like it.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Simmons 22 Mag scope. It has finger adjustable target turrets and comes with rings for something like $69. I bought mine at Midway. It has been out to the range about 4 times so far and has been dead reliable. Lots of good reviews on them.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I somehow feel by the time you bother to get a Tacsol version of a 10/22 you are past $69 scopes and rings. And probably the low end rds too. If you get a true scope I would continue to recommend the leupold 3-9 rim fire as a good choice. Unless you have a specific sport in mind in which case some details would help. On the rds side it does matter a bit what level of accuracy you want. 2-4 moa dots won't challenge the gun but are great for plinking. I'd be tempted to get a 1moa rmr if it were my gun.
Fwiw

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
I have a Bushnell 1.75x4 32mm shotgun scope on my Ruger 10/22 and it works great.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Leupold vx1 2-7x28 on my 77/22.

Its a good set up but because of the ruger ring system I have to push my cheek uop a bit more than Id like, not a big deal but not a "perfect" set up.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gambit123:
Just got a tac sol x-ring rifle.

It's my understanding that you have a pretty accurate rifle. To exploit that accuracy capabilities, I recommend a variable power scope.

You need to think about budget, accuracy requirements, target distances, magnification range, and preferred type of reticle. Whatever scope you consider, make certain it has the parallax setting or adjustments that work for your target distances. Some shooters will mount a cheaper center-fire optic that has fixed parallax of 100 or 200 yards on a rimfire rifle, then find out the hard way that they can't shoot accurately at distances of 25 to 50 yards.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an inexpensive Bushnell on mine and my son loves it. He is quite a good shot with it. I would like to try it but I get more pleasure watching him shoot it and am afraid he might show up his old man.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post