SIGforum
What scope for 10/22 rifle? Red dot anyone?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/7310086724

August 02, 2017, 08:14 AM
myrottiety
What scope for 10/22 rifle? Red dot anyone?
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by gambit123:
Just got a tac sol x-ring rifle.

It's my understanding that you have a pretty accurate rifle. To exploit that accuracy capabilities, I recommend a variable power scope.

You need to think about budget, accuracy requirements, target distances, magnification range, and preferred type of reticle. Whatever scope you consider, make certain it has the parallax setting or adjustments that work for your target distances. Some shooters will mount a cheaper center-fire optic that has fixed parallax of 100 or 200 yards on a rimfire rifle, then find out the hard way that they can't shoot accurately at distances of 25 to 50 yards.

It's a incredibly accurate gun. Anyone that gets behind mine is always impressed. Putting a red dot on a TacSol X-ring would be like putting a ACOG on a 6.5 LR Precision riffle.

If budget is a concern. The PA 4-16x44 with PA rings is $200 out the door +/-.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
August 08, 2017, 10:07 AM
xl_target
quote:
Some shooters will mount a cheaper center-fire optic that has fixed parallax of 100 or 200 yards on a rimfire rifle, then find out the hard way that they can't shoot accurately at distances of 25 to 50 yards.

As Fritz mentions; if you are going to put a scope on a .22 LR rifle, make sure it has an adjustable objective.