SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I guess Colt is back...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I guess Colt is back... Login/Join 
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
$2600

Eh?

Why would anyone pay more for a reproduction than an original preban green-label, NIB?

I agree with LDD. Why would anyone want to pay MORE for a reproduction when original green-label semis can be had for similar or less money? I never understood the idea of paying a premium for a less evolved version of an AR15.

Besides, all the secret squirrel NDA covered Colt/DoD insider TPD info. doesn't magically turn these things into a HK416, SIG 550, FNC or SCAR. At the end of the day, they're just AR15s anyway.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was mostly curious on this as I would have never thought the reproduction was more than an original preban NIB. So I looked and most (I'm not saying all or whatever as I just casually looked) of the equivalent prebans NIB seemed to be at least 1K more than the reproduction. Which seems a decent spread.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10971 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Looks like the Hydramatic-made M16A1 I trained with back in the 80s.

Same here ('78), as far as the manufacturer. IIRC, even though it had been through several years of dedicated use in training schools it was tight as a drum.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I'd bought one of the Brownells repros when they had them. I really wanted one of the 601s.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
God, it blows my mind how badly Colt can screw up a good thing.

You let Brownell's eat your lunch for...how long?

And when you finally answer you price the stuff to the point that your only buyers will be people who can light a house payment (for a NICE house) on fire for an outdated rifle that doesn't even have the right market.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Mmmm doesn't do it for me.

Honestly, I feel like paying $1000 for a brand new Colt Rollmark on a pistol/rifle is wrong..... so for $2500..... jeez may as well be burning money.

Anyone could have a very high end rifle/pistol (or several nice ones) for less than that or similar.

Also is Colt now anything more than a name on the newest guns...someone said Nodak made the uppers/lowers?

I may as well be burning my money paying $2600 for this thing.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post