SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt/FN complete uppers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt/FN complete uppers Login/Join 
posted
Need info on M16A4 complete uppers by Colt/FN. Any difference between the two? One better than the other?

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The short answer is no. There may be some different values assigned because of perceived collectibility, but actual A4 uppers from both companies should be similar quality in barrel, construct of carrier group, etc.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Kevbo

I was issued both by Uncle Sam, and they performed flawlessly.

I was issued an FN M16A4 in basic training with a adjustable stock. I loved it and I shot great with it.

If I was in the market for one, I would buy the FN just because it was the last ones I used.

For years I carried an M16A4 and never had a lick of problems, that were not induced by me.

In fact I have always favored an M16A4 variant over the M4.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The TDP is pretty delineated. I would be surprised if there was any true difference between the two. One upper to the next, maybe QC type issues, but over the thousands of them out there, they should all be the same.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post