New
Find
Notify
Tools

DPM Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Oh man. Been waiting almost 9 months for this thing to be built. Showed up by surprise at the store today. 54r mountain might be a little smaller after this weekend. They may take a while, but SMG builds beautiful stuff.

Obligatory gun shop pictures:

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Semi I assume?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eek I humbly apologize for initially assuming that you meant to type "DPMS".

Man, that looks great.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Очень мило, товарищ!

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Kimber, yes sir it's semi....but... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VL7lDzV7tY

Rougue, you know I don't speak Spanish Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Eek I humbly apologize for initially assuming that you meant to type "DPMS".

Big Grin

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I got to fire a DP-28, I kept having a problem keeping the safety lever activated. Otherwise it was a lot of fun.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Kimber, yes sir it's semi....but... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VL7lDzV7tY

Your link led me to this one ... which I found much more informative!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGnWrpns-rk

I don't see it being too much fun shooting paper but if you had some interesting targets like an old car with Tannerite or Sure Shot ... it would be a BLAST!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I have never seen this rifle before. You learn something new every day.

Did anyone else think of "wheel of fortune" while watching the demonstration video?
Smile

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
I have never seen this rifle before. You learn something new every day.

The DP family of machine guns were the standard Soviet light machine gun from the 1930s-1950s, including WW2. They also saw use by other Communist nations that received Soviet aid, including North Korea during the Korean War, and the NVA/Vietcong during the Vietnam War.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
^ I wonder why they screwed the flash hider cone on backwards

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It was a peasant conscript army. Shit happens. Big Grin

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
It was a peasant conscript army. Shit happens. Big Grin

More aerodynamic at least Razz

posted Hide Post
Cool

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
^ I wonder why they screwed the flash hider cone on backwards

Blank firing attachment.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post