SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Cmmg Guard 9mm pistol and price?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cmmg Guard 9mm pistol and price? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
In other threads the Cmmg Guard 9MM has been discussed. Is it worth the price and is $1100 a goo price? seem's like a lot of $?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’re definitely paying a premium price for CMMG. I bought a CMMG Banshee 300 in 9mm. Shoots great out of the box due to the radial delay blowback but I installed a VLTOR buffer tube with Tubbs flat spring and a Kynshot hydraulic buffer... even smoother now. Worth the money? It’s relative. I thought so.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
$1100 is kind of middle of the road for PCCs I guess. We’ve been spoiled by Scorpions and Stribogs and PSA parts but those are all direct blowback. I think the radially delayed system is worth the upgrade.

I’ve stated before that I’ve had MKE MP5s and an MPX and my Guard is almost as soft shooting as the those. Way softer shooting than the scorpion I rented one time.

I paid $900 for mine gently used and now I’d like a few more, definitely a 10mm and maybe a 5.7.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like mine. Softer shooting than straight blowback, but not as expensive as getting into the MP5s. Plus, all American made, so no 922r parts swapping needed to SBR. Also, takes a lot of standard AR parts like triggers, grips, stocks or braces, etc., so there is a lot of aftermarket that works.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I have a 5 inch guard upper that I put on an existing pistol lower that does double duty with a 5.56 upper.

I am using Endomags.

Very much worth it. Although I got my setup on an NRA show discount for something like 30% off.

I am going to build a Form1 can for it and also plan to form 1 a lower for an SBR.

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Indiana boy. So you can buy just an upper that would mount on a std. AR9 lower? Where can someone buy just the upper?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Thanks guys. Indiana boy. So you can buy just an upper that would mount on a std. AR9 lower? Where can someone buy just the upper?

You can buy the uppers from CMMG, but I’m not sure about using them on AR9 lowers as I’m not sure they will all work. You can use the uppers on standard 5.56 lowers and use Endomags.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I have the 5.7 Banshee. Very nice pistol, was $1,050. You can buy upper and the have 5.7 mags that fit in standard AR mag well.

In 9 the MPX and CZ are nice also, but CMMG builds a pretty good product.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
std. AR9 lower

There is no such thing. But if you have a glock lower (I'm pretty sure you in another thread had a colt one?? that for sure won't work) and the trigger is acceptable to the CMMG bolt and then there is a good chance it will be fine. Me personally I'd ask CMMG. But if it is any help I will take a CMMG upper and toss it on one of the several glock lowers I own and see what happens.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
I have a 5 inch guard upper that I put on an existing pistol lower that does double duty with a 5.56 upper.

I am using Endomags.

Very much worth it. Although I got my setup on an NRA show discount for something like 30% off.

I am going to build a Form1 can for it and also plan to form 1 a lower for an SBR.

What buffer are you running in that lower? Do you swap it out when using the 9mm upper, or has it worked fine with the same buffer for both? Any issues with the endomags?

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

What buffer are you running in that lower? Do you swap it out when using the 9mm upper, or has it worked fine with the same buffer for both? Any issues with the endomags?

I have used Standard, H2 and H3 buffers. Just playing around with different setups to see if it changed recoil characteristics.

The H3 was the first one that I used because my pistol lower also hosts an 11.5 5.56 upper that I shoot suppressed. That upper is really overgassed in that configuration and the H3 buffer toned it down.

Reliability was great with all of them. I think I have had 2 malfunctions in the total time I have owned it.

Standard carbine buffer was the smoothest shooting. The extra weight was not needed with the RDB bolt and carrier.

The endomags are great. Really easy to load. Good reliability. I am glad I didn't get a dedicated Glock lower.

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

CMMG sells just the uppers.

With Endomags, you can put them on a standard magwell AR15 lower. No need for any kind of an AR9 pistol magwell lower.

There are some guys on AR15.com who have played around with putting the CMMG uppers on AR9 lowers. They seem to be able to get them work with some fiddling. So it can be done. I just wanted to push the easy button.

The endomags are VERY slick and simply slide into a gen2/gen3 PMAG body. They do not look cobbled together or like an rube goldberg contraption. They feed out 30 rounds of 9mm in very slick fashion.