SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Henry releases 32 new models
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Henry releases 32 new models Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted
Did anyone see that Henry is releasing 32 new models?

Wow. There are some in there that I could take home.

What are your favorites ?

https://www.henryusa.com/news/...new-rifles-shotguns/

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Side loading gate? Count me in, I will be purchasing a Henry rifle in the the next year.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
.44 Magnum.......here I come!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Warning: Some peevish whining ahead.

OK, a lot of peevish whining ahead.

Have to admit the sideloading gates make some possibilities a bit more interesting than before. I'm mildly ticked about the single shots, though. A slug 12 gauge? Sure. A .350 Legend and .450 Bushmaster? I can see it. But why wouldn't you chamber a rifle with such aesthetically classic pretensions for something like a .257 Roberts +P or a .454 Casull/.45 Colt? And what is it going to take to get a hammer that doesn't obscure the rear sight when the hammer is at rest?

Oh, and reprise of the Savage 24 O/U would be nice.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or does there seem to be a huge push on by gun makers to be all things to all consumers ,every where?

I wish they would just do 12 models but do them very very well.

Perfect them ,with out a doubt.
Consistantsy consistant

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make the X-Model in 30-30 with a threaded barrel and I will become a Henry owner....They have it in 45-70 already so it should not be hard to do....

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I have always been a fan of single shot rifles. Yes, I do own and hunt with T/C stuff! Kinda interested in the 350 legend in the single shot. Now, if Henry would put out a 41mag in the single, I would be a little kid at Christmas! Plus, I just picked up a NM 6.5" Blackhawk in the 41. There are custom barrels for the T/C in these calibers, but for the cost, I like to have more guns instead of accessory barrels, lol!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ You mean, uppers breeding lowers isn't just an AR thing? Razz

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
a rifle with such aesthetically classic pretensions f

This made me guffaw.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Never realized you could actually buy that gun Steve McQueen used in Wanted Dead or Alive. It's called a Mare's Leg. I'd never want one but if somebody does it's there.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8522 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
A 357 Sidegate...some day

In the meantime Big Grin
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m...ellet_Air_Rifle/5007

Posts: 3505 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a .357 Henry single shot today to rechamber .357 Max.Makes a great starter rifle for the grand kids and will smoke a White Tail!

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Not to be a downer, but was your rifle affected by the recent safety recall?

posted Hide Post
No, Very latest model with new trigger.

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I think they are overrated for what they are,

I'll pass,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How so? Priced a T/C Encore with a MGM barrel.

PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
A 357 Sidegate...some day

In the meantime Big Grin
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m...ellet_Air_Rifle/5007

Yup

All-weather or color cased for me.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Hmm...Ruger will probably take some time in getting Marlin up and running. I sense an opportunity here..."

- from notes taken during a recent meeting of the minds between Henry execs

-MG

Posts: 1973 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I see a carbine in 357 in my near future. Fantastically handy little rifles. I've almost bought one several times in the past, but the tube loading always killed it for me. Now though...

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ran 50 rounds through the T/C Encore MGM .357 Max this mourning. Have shot a ton of WT Deer with it and am still impressed with what the Max can do, Looking forward to my grandson with his Henry joining in.