SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rimfire Scope recommendation for 10/22 TD
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rimfire Scope recommendation for 10/22 TD Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Great choice. I love that scope on a walk around .22. And don't worry about parallax when shooting under 60 yards. It is negligible. I shoot at 15 - 25 yards quite a bit with my 39A topped with this scope and dime size groups are routine.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the vx1 2-7x28 and I actually just ordered another (my friend is a Leupold dealer so the price is right.

I think its about the best rim fire scope out there for the $$$, I have one on a 77/22 and the new one is going on a tacsol x-ring 10/22.

I was out hunting spruce grouse last weekend with it (got 7) and there was nothing more I could want in a scope for that type of hunting.

So far the rifle has been rained on, bounced around on a 4 wheeler, been in and out of boats on the river and carried up and down lots of miles of dirt roads out here and its held 100% true.

I know what you mean about it "leaving you flat", its like a glock, boringly simple and reliable, not much fanfare with it but Ill tell you I like it much MUCH better than my vortex diamondback rimfire scope.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Don't overlook the Redfield 2-7. Made by Leupold and comes with a lifetime warranty. I have 2 on .22 lever actions and they are perfect for my needs.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Scope and rings arrived today, I'll set it up shortly and get it out this week to sight it in. The clarity on Leupold's always amazes me, I have an older 2x Leupold pistol scope and it's fantastic too.

One question though, the magnification ring is REALLY hard to turn. Like crazy hard, no exaggeration. It doesn't "bind" and no grinding it just doesn't want to turn. Will this break in over time? Is this normal? Hey, I won't be quickly be jumping up and down on magnification anyway but I wasn't expecting this.

Thanks again and happy shooting!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post